De-Stress in Philly: The Perfect Way To Ease Finals Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

As the end of the year is winding down and everyone is cramming for their last finals, you need to unwind. Whether it’s impending graduation or just a summer full of part-time work, it’s nice to know you can relax, right in the city of Brotherly Love. So, take a deep breath, kick back and figure out what relaxation method is perfect for you. 

Run on the Schuylkill Trail

If your mind is on the verge of crashing or you feel like your final grades won’t be up to par, lace up your sneakers and take a quick jog. Even if you’re really strapped for time, taking a few laps around the block can give your mind and body a much needed “restart” before coming back to reality.

Hang out at Spruce Street Harbor Park

With weather this nice, how could anyone say “no” to spending time outside? The hammocks will be strung up until May 6th, this park is a great place to unwind anytime during the summer months.

Philly Cheesesteak Tour…on a budget. 

Use the Philly Cheesesteak Tour to plan the ultimate cheesesteak tasting experience. It includes six different classic cheesesteak places throughout Philly and even has a Vegan option. Spend the day eating cheesesteaks and forget to even compare them because you’re going to be too full anyways. 

Go to Power Yoga & Thrive

The gym on campus can be the most unappealing place in the world sometimes, so mix it up by attending a yoga class with our friends at Power Yoga & Thrive, located at 20th and Walnut. They offer some great student discounts so it’s well worth a visit!

Shop 

Whether you can treat yourself with a whole new outfit or just have browsing in your budget, shopping can be a great time to take your mind off everything in your life and focus on something fun and frivolous. Use this time to catch up with your girlfriends or just enjoy some alone time – either way you’ll feel the stress fade away as you go store to store.

Throw a Party

You know you deserve it, so why not? Go on Pinterest and look up fun themes and go all out. Nothing says, “This is the end of the year” like a tiki themed party in your college backyard. If you’re a part of the 21+ crowd, call Howl at the Moon or Riverdeck to schedule a happy hour where you can discounted drinks for a two-hour time period during the week. After all, your college years are worth celebrating. 

Visit the Dog Park

Let’s be real here – is there anything more stress-relieving than playing with puppies? While I can’t promise a chance to play with the dogs directly, a visit to a local dog park practically guarantees a puppy sighting. Take a quick break to get some fresh air and observe some adorable puppy play while daydreaming about the breed you’d want when you can finally handle a dog.

Commit to a Craft

Crafting isn’t just for sorority girls. Channel your inner Martha Stewart and focus on a craft project. You could showcase your travels through shadow boxes or make your wooden initials into a collection of your favorite photos. 

Get Historical in Old City

The National Constitution Center, Betsy Ross House and the African American Museum are all a part of America’s history. Lucky for you, they’re all located in one central location: Old City. Hit the sites then go to one of the neighborhood’s many eateries to grab some grub. Visit Philly has a list of all of the attractions so you can plan an entire day around history. You never know if you’re going to have the opportunity to see these places again once you graduate, so do it now! 

Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.
Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.