Cardi B Reveals Baby Bump on ‘Saturday Night Live’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

During her “Saturday Night Live” appearance last saturday, Cardi B performed her most popular song, “Bodak Yellow,” and then debuted her latest single, “Be Careful.” Her new song wasn’t the biggest news of the night, however, because while performing, Cardi B showed off her baby bump, confirming rumors that she is pregnant.

Speculation about Cardi B expecting her first child with her fiance rapper, Offset, began in February. This came after Offset proposed to Cardi B during her performance at a Powerhouse concert in Philadelphia last October.

Cardi B and Offset’s relationship has been a hot topic in celebrity gossip, especially due to cheating scandals involving Offset, which includes a possible sex tape conducted outside of his relationship with Cardi B. Fans and media outlets immediately speculated that a “breakup” would be coming if these rumors were in fact, true. Although it may seem like celebrity couples have a hard time keeping their cool in the spotlight, Cardi B and Offset have been able to handle the allegations of their “breakup” with ease.

Initially, Cardi B and Offset denied all of the pregnancy rumors, but that didn’t stop the rumors from spreading. Celebrity gossip outlet, TMZ, was one the first media outlets to state that Cardi B was pregnant, after she responded to a fan’s comment about her expecting, stating that she was “just getting fat.”

Suspicion rose even more after fans saw Cardi B wearing baggy and oversized clothing on multiple occasions, which is completely different from her usual form-fitting clothing. One of those times happened right before her “Saturday Night Live” performance, where Cardi B performed at a Miami nightclub while wearing a billowy dress. She also reportedly didn’t’ have any drinks during her time there.

Due to these hints, Cardi B fans weren’t all too surprised when she finally put the pregnancy rumors to rest, and since her baby bump debut, she has received much love and support.

In addition to her baby bump reveal, Cardi B has also been in the news for her new album, “Invasion of Privacy,” which has broken an Apple Music record for being the most streamed album by a female artist in one week, beating Taylor Swift’s Apple Music record.

It has also been reported that Cardi B recently signed a deal with Fashion Nova to collaborate on a fashion line. Cardi B has shown that she is a proud supporter of the brand through her many Instagram posts, so the collaboration comes to no surprise to either Fashion Nova wearers or Cardi B fans.

Cardi B sure has a lot to celebrate, and with her pregnancy revealed, she is now “finally free” to live her best life, which includes enjoying her pregnancy in the public eye and performing at the top music venues with the support of her die hard fans.

Congrats, Cardi B!

Jess is a Senior at Clark University who hails from Detroit, Michigan. She spends her time at college studying Psychology and Culture Studies & Communication, and trying to get involved in everything she can on campus! Jess wears a number of hat's around campus such as, President of the Student Activities Board, Co-President of Radio of Clark University, an intern for the Student Leadership and Programming Office, waitress at Annies Clark Brunch, and the Events Director for Clark's chapter of Her Campus! In her spare time Jess enjoys listening to music, reading, exploring Worcester, and spending time with friends!