Campus Cutie : Maryvic Perez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

While Maryvic Perez may be small, she is one of many chasing big dreams at Temple University. While only in her freshman year, this cutie is very determined and focused on becoming successful. Volunteering for the Spanish version of Temple Update, Update Ahora, Perez enjoys being able to positively represent her Hispanic heritage. 

Name:   Maryvic Perez

Age: 18

Major:   Journalism, Minor in Political Science

Year: Freshman

Relationship Status: Single

Activities: Writing, Update Ahora, shoe shopping and singing (especially in the shower)

What is your favorite part about Temple University? “I love Temple University! My favorite part about it is that it’s in the middle of the city, so I can go shopping right after class.”

Describe yourself in 3 words? Optimistic, Fun, Ambitious 

What do you miss about the Dominican Republic? “I would say my family and especially my grandmother. The food I miss too, as well as the beach.”

What is your favorite kind of music? “I listen to everything but mostly Gospel [and] Spanish music.” 

Who is your favorite musical artist? “Frank Sinatra, Bruno Mars…I can listen to Frank Sinatra all day.”

What do you look for in a significant other? “Thoughtful, caring, funny, just not afraid to be himself.”

What would you want to be remembered for?  “I want to be remembered as a leader.”

Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.