Campus Celebrity: Carlisle Brooke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

With their red bandana, flannel, and smile in place, I sat down to talk with Carlisle Quinn Brooke Brooke on a patch of grass near the Bell Tower.  As a part of their gender identity, Carlisle Quinn prefers they/them pronouns versus she/her and identifies as genderqueer.

If you’re friends with Carlisle (lucky me!) you know that they give the best hugs and always makes you feel welcome. With certainty they tell me that one phrase they live by is “be good to yourself and be good to others, because really what’s the difference? That is something I live by everyday”.  Brooke is genuine, selfless, and warm-hearted.

Brooke is a Junior in the Annenberg School of Media and Communication. They major in Media Studies and Production, on the Production Track. You can find them creating or jamming out to music with their band The Ohms. Check them out at Saxby’s on Liacouras during their open mic nights to see how passionate they are about their music.

To Brooke, a Campus Celebrity is “someone who is well-liked. Someone who goes on campus not afraid to sing and dance to whatever they’re listening to. They’re someone who can give out as many hellos and smiles as they can in one day!” When asked if they think this description fits well, Brooke answered…without hesitation “Oh, heck yea! That’s what I based my answer off of.” We both let out a chuckle and began to talk more and more about life as a Temple student and celebrity.

The main thing Carlisle loves about Temple is the people. They state, “When I visited, I loved the activities going on and the vibrant people. That’s something that definitely resonated with me.” It’s obvious that Brooke is more than satisfied to be attending what was their first choice school. They’re grateful for Temple because of the people that they have met and collaborated with along the way. They’ve found their niche in the urban culture of Philadelphia and enjoy going to different creative events throughout Philly and Temple.

Before heading out, I managed to squeeze out a bit of advice from this week’s radiant Brooke.  They enthusiastically advised, “always be proactive. Plan ahead. If you know what you want, go for it. But, if you don’t know, that is okay too!”

Lindsey is a senior magazine journalism major at Temple University. After she graduates in May she hopes to return to NYC, which she fell in love with this summer during her ASME internship at Real Simple magazine.