Campus Celeb: Alex Cove

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Meet Alex Cove, a sophomore public relations major that’s taking the fashion world by storm. Many new Owls recognize Alex as their Owl Team Leader from orientation, but she has recently traded her summer job for an internship at WearWeWent. But that’s not all. Alex also works as a Style Guru for the popular fashion website, CollegeFashionista. The job requires that she share articles and photos related to beauty, style, and her own fashion inspiration for college women around the world.

“I believe fashion is important to woman because it’s a part of how we express ourselves. Not everyone wants to look like something out of a magazine, but every woman should take pride in what they wear because it’s a way to control how you are perceived by others.” says Cove.

Her passion for clothing, style, and self-expression is evident in all that she does. She shares that she has been interested in fashion since she was a little girl, but that transitioning into college sparked the passion she holds for the art now. When asked about her celebrity role models, Alex shared that Sophia Amoruso and Olivia Palermo are her inspirations. Amoruso is the founder and executive chairwoman of the major fashion retailer Nasty Gal.

She is a true inspiration to any young woman like myself wanting to succeed. She is living proof that success is about trusting your instincts and following your gut rather than how popular you were in high school or where you went to college.” Alex gushes.

Palermo has worked in the public relations department for Diane von Furstenberg, the accessories department at ELLE Magazine, and she is the apple of the fashion world’s eye.

Alex shares that Palermo embodies everything she’d aspires to be in a woman, and “has her own amazing website that gives her followers a much easier way to receive style, beauty, and lifestyle inspiration from their go-to style girl, Olivia.”

Cove describes her personal style as minimalistic and fun. She tends to lean towards neutral pieces rather than a wide array of colors, but made sure to add that “there’s nothing I love more than a metallic pink shoe or a bright red satin scarf!”

She doesn’t have a go-to outfit, which can make looking nice for an 8a.m. class tough, but she enjoys wearing different kinds of outfits daily to express her style. However, she makes sure to mention her favorite Adidas Superstar sneakers, which she pairs with almost everything.

On her college career and future, Cove spoke about a special little place called Temple University.

“I chose Temple because I wanted to be in Philly, I loved everything about the school and what it could offer me, I still do.”

After graduating, Alex plans on doing public relations work for a fashion brand or a magazine, blog, website or anything relating to fashion and lifestyle. If all of her dreams came true, she would be living in a gorgeous flat in the fashion capital of the world, New York City. She would have a steady job at ELLE Magazine, Who What Wear or Refinery 29.

“I would love to provide girls like me with the same inspiration that these sites and magazines do now for me!” she says.

Keep dreaming big, Alex. Thanks for gracing our campus with your perfectly-dressed presence.

Photos by: Hannah Pittel 

Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.