This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Although I am 18 years old, I stand at a mere four feet and eleven inches; this puts me in the height range of most middle school students. It’s difficult sometimes, being this height, especially when a girl-scout cookie saleswoman tells me I look ten years old, or when workers at the Student

Center ask me if I actually go to Temple. I admit it. For a lot of boys, my height combined with my younger face equals one major turn off. However, I have a secret weapon. Well…it isn’t that much of a secret.

There is absolutely nothing adolescent-looking about my rear end. That’s right, I’m saying exactly what you think I’m saying. I’ve got a big butt, and you know what? I’m proud of it.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m a young woman, just like you. I struggle with my self-image from time to time. There are definitely days when I break down and cry because I can’t be a tall, super-skinny and I realize Tyra Banks would never cast me on America’s Next Top Model. But after I let myself cry for a little while, I remind myself of one thing: Curvy is beautiful.

Sure, I say that. Look at me, I’m a naïve freshman with a big butt, what else am I going to trick myself into thinking? But this is not just my mentality. In MSNBC’s article, A Curvy Body’s like a Drug to Men, released in February of 2010, scientific arguments revealed that men are naturally attracted to curvaceous women.

“Shapely hips in women are linked with fertility and overall health. As such, it makes sense evolutionarily speaking that studies across cultures have shown men typically find hourglass figures sexy,” reporter Charles Q. Choi surmised.

It really is true. Whether you have some junk in the trunk, like I do, or your rack is busting out no matter what lovely mesh sweater your mother buys for you, or you have some Shakira hips that don’t lie, your shape, your curves, are an asset. (No pun intended.)

In the end, it’s your body that is turning heads in Center City when you’re out with friends who spend their time squeezing into size zero party dresses. It’s time young women stop making New Year’s resolutions to get rid of our curvy figures and start accepting the facts. No, your bust is not going to fit into that extra-small bikini top. Yes, those jeans do make your butt look huge. But, you look fabulous.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!