Ashley Thompson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Ashley Thompson isn’t just a strikingly beautiful and wonderfully well-spoken woman; she’s also a kick-ass member of the LGBTQ community. With an open-mind, a creative spirit and a definite unique look, Thompson walks through life without worrying about what others think of her. And with a chest tattoo, a full sleeve and multiple piercings, she’s got an alternative look that attracts both guys and girls.

With her obsession with music, talent in art and desire to make a career out of psychology, Thompson is sure to leave her mark on Temple. Plus, with her positive outlook on improving LGBTQ rights, she might just end up making a big impact on society as a whole.

Full name: Ashley Thompson

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology and Human Resource Management

Hometown: Bedford, Texas

Favorite tattoo: The koi and lotus on my arm.

Favorite band: The Weekend

Favorite Movie: Stepbrothers

Three words to describe herself: Accepting, devoted and honest

Dream vacation: Travel to multiple locations, focusing on weather prime location spots but not forgetting about the winter hot spots. Snowboarding and swimming are a must.

What she hopes to see in the LGBTQ community: Gay marriage rights in every state. Opinions of the LGBTQ community as a whole need to change. This will not happen over-night, for it’s practically engraved in our perceptions, but without full acceptance, we will always be alienated.

What she looks for in a girl: Looks draw you in, and personality keeps you intrigued. If it’s without effort and happens naturally, than it’s worth keeping, worth investing in.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!