Ariana Grande Returns with ‘No Tears Left to Cry’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Ariana Grande is making a comeback in the most gracious way with the release of her new single, “No Tears Left to Cry.”

She released the song and the music video on Friday, April 20th at midnight. When I first heard the beginning of the track, I instantly thought it was going to be a slow song, but after the beat picked up, I knew she picked the perfect song for her first single. Now, I can’t stop listening to it.

Grande’s last album, “Dangerous Woman” was released in May of 2016. After it came out, Grande announced that she would be going on tour in 2017. Now, in 2018, we are anxiously awaiting her new album that is hopefully coming out soon.

In her music video for her new single, the illusions are amazing. The first view is of a city turning upside down, along with Grande’s name, the song title, and the director’s name, Dave Meyers, rotating with it. The upside down effect happens throughout the music video. Other special effects include Grande walking on walls and ceilings, hanging from steps, falling off buildings, and playing fetch with one of her dogs, who later transforms and flies away.

Along with cool special effects, Grande’s new video is also filled with tons of hidden messages, including a possible track list for her next album.

The potential track list has the phrase, “God Is a Woman,” written on it. It’s underlined 3 times, which could mean that it’s her next single after “No Tears Left to Cry.”

According to Access Online, Grande’s video also shows her love of Manchester, the city where the horrible tragedy happened during one of her “Dangerous Woman” tour stops. Towards the end of the music video, there is a bee flying and many people think that it’s supposed to represent the Manchester Bee. The bee is known to be hardworking, just like the city. To spot the bee, watch the music video again and pay close attention.

Many fans are also speculating what Grande’s album will hold based on her social media posts.

When the singer took a break from posting things on social media for a couple months back in December, she quoted her last tweet and Instagram post with “See you next year.” She returned a few weeks ago with a teardrop emoji, hinting “No Tears Left to Cry” and also released some teasers on her Instagram page. She has since been posting pictures of herself in the studio and fans are excited for her to finally release her 4th album and begin her new era.

If you haven’t watched the music video yet, be sure to check it out on YouTube, along with its behind-the-scenes video.

What are your thoughts on the new single?

Ashley is a senior journalism major at Temple University. She loves music, concerts, and celebrities. She loves to write all things fashion, lifestyle, and pop culture! Instagram: ashleygale23