9 Things You Need to Know Before the New Season of Jersey Shore Airs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

I can’t believe that I’m saying this,  it’s time to get crazy AND get loud, because Jersey Shore will be returning to our TV screens after not being on the air for six years.

On Jerzday, April 5 aka TODAY, the cast that we all know and love will be exploring Miami and not to be dramatic, but I don’t think the world will ever be the same.

It’s been a while since this iconic cast has gotten into a monsoon of shenanigans together, so we created a simple guide about what you need to know before the new season officially begins.

1. GTL = Gym, tan, laundry

The boys in the Jersey Shore house kept it simple when explaining their plans for the day. They referred to “GTL” whenever they planned on going to the gym, tanning on the beach, or doing their weekly laundry. Not only are they funny, but they’re clever too. Let’s hope that they continue to use this phrase during the new season.

2. When the cabs are here to take the cast to a club for a wild night out, Pauly D will make sure that you know THE CABS ARE HERE

A phrase that is so effective yet so straightforward. I do have some questions though… Now that Uber and Lyft are the most popular ways to get around, will they be requesting an Uber or Lyft? Will Pauly D scream “UBER’S HERE” or “LYFT’S HERE” or will the cabs make another appearance? To be honest, I’m not sure if the cast is allowed to have their phones in the house so maybe the Cabs will be their only option?

3. Stahhhhp! Sammi Sweetheart will not be on screen this season

I’m pretty upset that my girl Sammi Sweetheart won’t be joining the fun in Miami this season but I understand why. That poor girl experienced quite the emotional rollercoaster during her time in the Jersey Shore house with on-again off-again boyfriend Ronnie. According to E! News, a source stated that Sammi Sweetheart decided not to join the cast on the road because she’s in a relationship and didn’t want to be living with her ex-boyfriend. Although I totally understand why she’s not going to be on the show, I’m still going to miss her!

4. Snooki not only found the beach, she also found love!

Our queen Snooki is married and a mom! One of the best moments in the show was when Snooki was at the beach but literally could not find the beach (now that is a BIG mood), but look at her now! Snooki has proven that she is not only a great wife, but an incredible mom. Her two kids are absolutely adorable and we can’t wait to see them grow up.

5. Vinny is an icon on social media, and I can’t wait to see him on screen

Alright I’ll be honest, Vinny was my favorite back in the day so I’m super excited to see him on April 5th. In the years since the show has been off the air, Vinny has looked for other outlets to show how smart and funny he is, including Twitter and Instagram. Not only does he care about global warming, but he’s also openly talked about mental health issues. Vinny for President 2020!

6. Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is off the market

Following the reunion in August 2017, Mike talked about how important his current girlfriend and high school sweetheart, Lauren Pesce, was to him. Considering he was the biggest player in the Jersey Shore house back in the day, it’ll be interesting to see this more mature side of him. But hey, we’re happy he’s still coming back and are also excited to see what’s in store for this former bad boy!

7. Snooki and JWOW had a spin off show following the end of Jersey shore that was iconic

Although the show was only on for four seasons, I still watched every week! Considering Jersey Shore definitely ended too soon (which is probably why they’re coming back now HOLLA!), this was a nice fix to make the separation a little easier to handle.

8. IT’S T-SHIRT TIME means the men are ready to hit up the club…but will t-shirt time still be a thing?

The boys in the house were always making sure that we knew when they were ready to put on their t-shirts before a night out. The real question is, will this still be a thing? I sure hope so because that little jingle was fun to sing!

9. The Duck Phone was the only way the cast could communicate with literally anyone (hook-ups, cab drivers, and even their families!)

Will the duck phone be reborn? I hope so. That phone was a staple in the Jersey Shore house back in the day!

There are a lot of questions and concerns we have before the shenanigans officially begin on April 5, but until then, we will fist pump in celebration because the show we love is officially making a comeback!

Lisa Cunningham is currently a sophomore Journalism major at Temple University. When she is not listening to music, living it up at a concert or hanging with friends, Cunningham loves to write about all things relate to pop culture!