This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

We’ve all experienced those days where your bed is so comfortable that the thought of walking all the way to the dining hall is simply out of the question. Whether you’re knee deep in homework or a halfway through a Netflix marathon, sometimes you can’t be bothered to scavenge for food outside of your dorm. The solution is simple: always keep your mini-fridge stocked with yummy, healthy, and easy snacks.

Granola bars are your new best friend — they’re portable for breakfast on-the-go or a quick snack between classes. Kashi, Nature Valley, Clif, Special K…The choice is yours! But beware of misleading “healthy” brands that could pack on more sugar or calories than expected.

You can’t say no to peanut butter. Paired with your favorite fruits, it adds some extra protein and can balance out your meal. Smear it on apple slices or make the perfect peanut-butter-banana-honey-sandwich. It’s full of fiber, nutrition, and monounsaturated fat (AKA the good kind). Plus, it’s delicious.

Cheese can sometimes be a dieter’s worst nightmare. Instead of eating a giant cheese wiz cheesesteak or an extra helping of nachos, opt for a low fat string cheese or mini Babybel Cheese Wheels. It can be a great source of protein, calcium, and natural fats. Let’s be real—life without cheese would just be sad. Just remember: moderation is key! 

Yogurt is yet another delicious dairy product that is good to have around. It’s packed with probiotics and comes in a seemingly endless variety of flavors. Greek yogurt is a trendy choice at the moment and offers twice the protein of a regular yogurt. Throw in some granola and fruit and you have the perfect parfait for breakfast or dessert. Look out for extra sugar in some brands, which can be more harmful than helpful, and instead taste test healthier options for a good source of calcium.

Eggs are the ultimate breakfast go-to. Before you take them out of the running due to your lack of stove, you should know that scrambled eggs are even easier to make in the microwave. Eggs have all the nutrients you could ask for along with antioxidants and great flavor. If calories are a concern, purchase a carton of egg whites to scramble up instead.

Hummus is a perfect treat for when you’re craving something savory. Perfect with pita chips for a salty snack, or with carrots for a refreshing combo. Don’t knock it out until you try it—hummus comes in tons of different flavors and (chances are) they’re all delicious.

Dried fruits are perfect for nixing a craving for sweets. But you should also be on the look out for high amounts of sugars in your serving sizes as the bite-sized treat can be deceiving. You can buy bags of these treats at almost any grocery store and keep them on-hand for the perfect movie snack. You can’t go wrong with banana chips!

You call the shots now on what you put in your fridge; it’s up to you to fill your plate and your stomach with food you can be proud of!

Mackenzie Anderson is a tiny freshman at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was born in California, loves musical theater and art, and is a passionate dog-person. When not listening to the oldies or Facetiming her twin sister/best friend, Mackenzie can be found working out or shopping.
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.