This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Trends in the beauty world are always changing, one minute something’s in, the next, it’s out. Here are some trends to help you keep up through the end of spring into summer!

1. Holographic makeup/unicorn makeup

It seems like every makeup brand out there has caught onto the fact that there is a major unicorn trend right now and are releasing new products to keep up. Why? Because everyone loves unicorns! NYX Cosmetics recently released a line of colorful duochromatic highlighters that look holographic on the skin. Tarte Cosmetics has a whole line called “Make Believe in Yourself” which includes a pastel metallic eyeshadow palette (with a holographic highlighter) and a unicorn horn (!!!) brush set. Mac Cosmetics also just released a gorgeous purple highlighter in collaboration with singer Justine Skye.

2. Festival makeup

If you couldn’t tell from your Instagram feed, it’s music festival season, so all of our favorite beauty influencers are putting out festival inspired tutorials. Even though I’m 98 percent sure no one who goes to music festivals wears that much makeup (you’re going to sweat it all off anyway, right?) it’s the thought that counts. Now’s the time to be #extra with your makeup, so be creative and have fun!

3. Colored eyeliner

Colorful makeup is always fun for the summer, and bright colored eyeliner can help you achieve that look. A favorite of many beauty vloggers and influencers, NYX’s vivid brights liquid eyeliner can add a nice pop of color to any look!

Tip: try lining your waterline with a bright eyeliner pencil, or line over your usual winged liner with a bright color!

4. Glitter

Just like everyone loves unicorns, everyone also loves glitter. It can add a nice sparkle or glow to any look and can be used all over your body. Glitter is so versatile because it can be used subtly or be the main focus of your look. Just remember to only use cosmetic glitter. Also expect that you will most definitely find some hanging around after you’ve taken your makeup off.

5. Glossy eyes

This trend can be slightly off-putting due to the fact that lip gloss is repurposed and put on your eyelid, but the end result looks amazing when done correctly. Makeup artist Pat McGrath always seems to be ahead of trends, so keep an eye out for her new eye gloss kit!

6. Monochromatic makeup

This look can be achieved by using one family of colors on your eyes, lips, and cheeks. This sounds a little crazy, but is a very easy look to pull off and looks *beautiful*. Colourpop’s spring collection was based on this trend, including eyeshadows, lipsticks, and cheek products for three color families: nectar, pink, and sand.

Some of these trends may sound crazy, but makeup is supposed to be fun when you’re in college! Be adventurous and slay all day with your new look.

Sydney is a junior media studies and production major at Temple University. She enjoys film, photography, exploring Philly and her hometown of Washington DC, and is a huge makeup enthusiast. 
Samara is currently a senior Journalism major at Temple University. She has always possessed a passion for writing and currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Temple. Eventually, she hopes to work in the magazine industry. In her free time, she loves exploring the city of Philadelphia, trying new restaurants, and attending concerts. Samara can be reached at samara.grossel@temple.edu.