2016 New Years Eve: Look Great on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

2016 will go down in  history as the craziest time period in history. Fashion reached new heights, Beyonce served us lemonade,hashtags took off in social media frenzy  and Donald Trump won the presidential election. The best way to end the year is to go to a New Year’s Eve party looking and feeling your best with your friends, but that can get a bit expensive. We want to do 2016 some justice by putting together the baddest outfit that money can buy, but not too much money. You only live once, so lets end 2016 on a fashionable note with an overview of some trends we can all achieve on a budget this year. 

All That Glitters

What is the first thing the comes to your mind when you envision New Years Eve? If the huge sparkly ball is the first image, you’re on the right track. New Year’s Eve is the perfect time to indulge in glitter and sparkly outfits because it plays into the theme. Of Course, you don’t want to resemble the sparkly ball, but you still want to be the life of the party. The  No Love Allowed Dress is a gold-sequined show stopper that is fitted and long sleeved. The dress also has a deep back V and will only cost $32.99. Try pairing this hot number with The Glass Slipper Transparent shoes. The shoes are 4 inches with patent leather detail that costs $32.99. A neutral glam face with a sleek middle part will complement this look.

Bodied For New Years

On New Year’s Eve everyone creates a list of resolutions to accomplish. Some may add simple resolutions like perfect attendance or eating healthier. That’s nice, but the first thing on our list will be to dress sexier. New Year’s Eve is the perfect opportunity to showcase new styles. A Mesh-Panel Lace Bodysuit in ivory from Forever 21 for $19.90 . Pair the body suit with the mauve  Rehab Faux Patent Leather Skirt  from Forever 21 for $45. The Skinny Feels Strappy Faux Patent Heels from Gojane in red will add a pop of color to the look. Finish this look off with an updo, smokey eye, and clear gloss, to wow the crowd.

Party of One

If you’re going out at the last minute and you’re looking for an outfit that looks like you put in a lot of effort, play it safe and go for a jumpsuit. Jumpsuits are dressy enough for the New Year’s Eve occasion and will also accentuate your curves. The Faye Barely There Jumpsuit   from Boohoo for $35 in black is the best bet. The jumpsuit is backless, with a mesh-see through front. Add a pair of Rose Platform Glitter Platform Sole shoes from Boohoo from $50. The shoes will add some glam to your look with just the right amount of sparkle. Take a page out of the Kim K style book and rock her infamous tousled waves and natural red carpet look from the 2016 VMA’s.

I am a student at Temple University and I aspire to be a Journalist. My passion in life is writing because I have the ability to express myself creatively through words. I enjoy writing poetry and I especially enjoy being a staff writer for the Fashion and Beauty section for Her Campus Temple! My missions in life are to be an inspiration to young girls, help others, and encourage young women and girls to feel beautiful!
Samara is currently a senior Journalism major at Temple University. She has always possessed a passion for writing and currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Temple. Eventually, she hopes to work in the magazine industry. In her free time, she loves exploring the city of Philadelphia, trying new restaurants, and attending concerts. Samara can be reached at samara.grossel@temple.edu.