15 Women Who Starred in Drake’s “Nice For What” Music Video

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Lately, Drake has been including themes of peace and diversity in his music, specifically with “God’s Plan,” and his recent music video for “Nice for What,” which is filled with a star-studded cast of powerful women.

In case you can’t count them all, here’s all the ladies in “Nice For What” based on their cameos in the video.

1. Olivia Wilde

The actress is the same “Olivia” that Drake refers to in his remix of PARTYNEXTDOOR’s “Freak In Me.”

Fun Fact: She’s a huge Drake fan (thanks to her hubby, Jason Sudeikis). 

2. Misty Copeland

One of our favorite ballerinas in the world! Misty is known as the first black ballerina to be Principal Dancer at the world-famous American Ballet Theater.

Fun Fact: When doing warm-up routines, she usually listens to Drake.

3. Issa Rae

Yes, our awkward black girl is a boss and Drake has her playing one in the video. Her web series, “Awkward Black Girl,” and her HBO hit, “Insecure,” has gotten her to Instant Boss Status.

Fun Fact: Season 3 of “Insecure” is coming soon.

4. Rashida Jones

The former “Parks & Recreation” star has not only been a friend of Drake’s growing up, but also a celebrity crush. It’s a no brainer that she’s one of the many badass women on this list.

5. Jourdan Dunn

The Victoria’s Secret model and actress is known for being on the runways and appearing in the 2016 film, “Zoolander 2.”

Fun Fact: She’s going to be in the upcoming thriller, “Terminal” (comes out on May 11th).

6. Tracee Ellis Ross

The “Blackish” mama is best known for her role as Joan in the hit comedy, “Girlfriends.” Her positivity and sense of style makes us secretly wish she was our mom. She actually channeled her own mom, Diana Ross, with that sliver number in the video. Go Tracee!

7. Tiffany Haddish

Ahhh…Tiffany. What can’t we say about her? From foster care to comedy stardom, she deserves the title of Boss B, because even through hardships, she still manages to make other people smile.

Fun Fact: She made an appearance in Seth Rogen’s Netflix special, “Hilarity for Charity.”

8. Yara Shahidi

From acting, to Harvard, to activism, what can’t this girl do? Yara is one of the voices of the next generation and an inspiration for all to follow. She’s a total badass and boss lady in our book!

9. Zoe Saldana

The actress and mother of three is known for her roles in “Avatar” (not airbender), “Combiana,” and “Guardian of the Galaxy.”

Fun Fact: Her babies made an appearance in the video.

10. Elizabeth and Victoria Lejonhjarta

You may recognize these swedish twins from Drake’s stills for his album, “Views.” They have also modeled for famous brands, such as H&M. Thanks to an Instagram pic, their career is popping!

11. Letitia Wright

The British actress has starred in some of our favorite shows and movies, including “Black Panther” and “Black Mirror.” She’s the nerdy, cool friend we all wish we had in our lives.

Fun Fact: She’s going to be featured in the upcoming Marvel film, “Avengers: Infinity War.”

12. Bria Vinaite

The Lithuanian actress is known for her role in the 2017 drama, “The Florida Project.” She is currently working on a new movie, “Adultland,” which comes out next year.

Fun Fact: Drake is a huge fan of hers.

13. Emma Roberts

The “American Horror Story” actress got her start on the Nickelodeon show, “Unfabulous,” where she also sang and released her own album. She has since retired from singing and is now focused only on acting.

14. Syd

Syd Tha Kyd is the lead singer of the soul band, “The Internet,” and a member of another group, “Odd Future.” Since her 2017 hit, “Body,” she has been making a name for herself in the music game. 

15. Michelle Rodriguez

Famous for her role in the “Fast & Furious” franchise, Michelle Rodriguez has already proved that she’s a badass in her own right, whether on or off-screen. In Drake’s video for “Nice For What,” Rodriguez floats around like the goddess she is.

All these ladies embody the definition of what a woman today either should be, or aspire to be. Drake has given them an opportunity to showcase their diverse talents in this new female anthem.