10 Holiday Makeup Gift Sets You Need This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Like it or not, the holidays are almost here and it’s almost time to start shopping for gifts for your loved ones. One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is seeing what gift sets beauty brands come out with because they’re always such great deals. Here are this season’s best gift sets to give you some inspiration of what to get the beauty addict in your life, put on your xmas list, or to treat yo’ self.

1. Colourpop- Polite AF Super Shock Shadow Collection

Colourpop coming to Sephora was one of the most anticipated holiday launches of this year. Sephora currently only carries 8 of their products, which include some great gift ideas. One set that caught my eye was the Polite AF Super Shock Shadow Collection. This set includes six of Colourpop’s famous supershock cream-powder eyeshadows and comes in a super cute box that doesn’t even need to be wrapped. The shades in the set include six festive shimmer shades that are perfect for the holiday season and year-round.

2. Sigma- Holiday brush sets

If you’ve been looking to upgrade and get some quality makeup brushes, check out Sigma’s holiday sets. Sigma brushes are a fave of lots of beauty gurus and for good reason. This year’s holiday sets are great and include some of the brand’s most popular brushes and brush care products. Two great picks are the Modern-Eyes eye brush set, and the Power Pair set. The eye brush set includes two blending brushes and a flat shader brush. The power pair set includes Sigma’s most popular brush, the F80 flat kabuki to blend foundation flawlessly, and their Sigma Spa brush cleaning mat to deep clean your makeup brushes.

3. Tatcha- Bestsellers holiday set

Tatcha’s bestseller holiday set includes deluxe sample sizes of four of their top products. Their products are amazing for all skin types and won’t irritate sensitive skin, so this set works for anyone who wants to upgrade their skincare routine. This set includes the Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil, Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder, the Water Cream, and the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist.

4. Stila- Liquid eyeshadow set

This holiday season, Stila has some gorgeous holiday sets. The two that stood out to me were the Eye for Elegance liquid eyeshadow set, and the Written in the Stars glitter and glow liquid eyeshadow set. The Eye for Elegance set has six mini liquid eyeshadows, three in the original glitter and glow formula, and three in the new shimmer and glow formula, which is less glitter, and more metallic. The other set includes three of the glitter and glow shadows, in perfect shades for the holidays.

5. Urban Decay- Troublemaker mascara set

If you know someone who’s been dying to try Urban Decay’s newest mascara, this set would be a perfect gift. It includes a full size troublemaker mascara and a full size 24/7 glide on eye pencil in Perversion.

6. Sephora- Lashstash

Sephora’s Lash Stash gift set is always a popular kit because it’s such a great price. It includes seven deluxe sized mascaras, two full sized ones, and a pair of false eyelashes. It would be a perfect gift for anyone obsessed with mascaras (like me), or you could even split it up into a few smaller gifts for your squad.

7. Smashbox- Primer set

This gift set is one of my favorites of the season because I’ve been wanting to try Smashbox’s primers for forever, and this set includes travel size bottles of three of their most popular primers for $22. It includes their original photo finish foundation primer, the pore minimizing photo finish primer, and the photo finish primer water. This set would be a perfect gift for the friend who loves to wear a full face at any opportunity.

8. Beauty Blender- Blenders for all Seasons

Beautyblender’s sets are such great prices that I will never purchase one individually ever again. The best value set this season is the Blenders for all Seasons kit, which includes two original beautyblenders, and two in fun colors, a sample size of the liquid blendercleanser and a cute little holder for your beautyblender to put on your vanity.

9. NYX lip vaults

This holiday season, NYX came out with four lip vaults with their ever popular liquid lipstick formulas. The different sets include a Lip Lingerie vault, Liquid Suede vault, Soft Matte Lip Cream vault, and a Metallic Liquid Lipstick vault. Each kit has mini sizes of a variety of different colors which would be a perfect gift for the lipstick lover in your life.

10. Tarte Magic Star set

Tarte always has impressive holiday sets, and this year was no exception. Their Magic Star holiday set, which is only available at Ulta, is priced at an incredible value and would be an amazing gift. This set includes a palette of 25 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, a bronzer, a highlighter, travel sizes of an eyeliner, a mascara, a glossy lip paint, and a matte lip paint.

Hopefully this list gave you some ideas for what to get your favorite makeup enthusiast (or yourself), what to put on your list, and got you in the mood for the holidays. Happy holidays!

Sydney is a junior media studies and production major at Temple University. She enjoys film, photography, exploring Philly and her hometown of Washington DC, and is a huge makeup enthusiast. 
Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus