The Best Fort Worth Valentine’s Day Restaurants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, you might be looking for a good date restaurant to enjoy with that special someone. Or, maybe you just want a nice restaurant to try out with some of your friends! That’s cool, too. Whatever your plans are this February 14th, here are some restaurants to make the night memorable:

1. Taverna

My personal favorite for Valentine’s Day is Taverna. This classy Italian restaurant is located a block away from Sundance Square, so you can take a stroll around downtown Fort Worth on your way out of dinner. I do not exaggerate when I say that this is some of the BEST Italian food I’ve ever had, and I actually went to Italy last summer. I’m serious. Check this place out!

2. Gloria’s

Located in Montgomery Plaza, Gloria’s is an excellent Latin cuisine restaurant. This isn’t some casual, Fuzzy-esque dining experience; it’s an upscale joint. If you have a craving for tacos, empanadas, enchiladas, chips and queso, or some other kind of south-of-the-border food this Valentine’s, this is the place for you.

3. Blue Sushi

If you’re looking for sushi with a cool atmosphere, Blue Sushi is a nice choice. The sushi is average, in my opinion, but the layout of the restaurant gives it a modern, sophisticated feel. They have excellent service, and if you get bored with your date you can always stare at the artsy decorations.

4. Thirteen Pies

Thirteen Pies is one of the best places in Fort Worth for nice pizza. No matter what you choose from their menu of – you guessed it – 13 different pizzas, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Added bonus: the goat cheese dip makes a delicious appetizer (if you like that sort of thing, which everyone should). If you’re not a fan of pizza for some weird reason, they also serve some tasty pasta dishes.

5. Simply Fondue

If you’re willing to spend a little extra to “treat yo self” this Valentine’s Day, go to Simply Fondue. This classy restaurant offers you a delicious four (yes, four) course meal in the traditional fondue style. Be sure to allocate a lot of time for this restaurant, though, the courses take a while to eat and by the end, you’ll be so stuffed and happy that you won’t want to leave.

No matter where you go this Valentine’s Day, make sure to make a reservation far in advance! Places fill up fast, and you don’t want to be scrambling at the last minute.

Eleni Michaelides is a freshman marketing major at Texas Christian University. She's part of the Honors College, Gamma Phi Beta sorority, the Chancellor's Leadership Program, and the writing and advertising teams for Her Campus TCU. Eleni's Top 5 Favorite things are puppies, monograms, musicals, food, and Disney. (In no particular order)
Hayden is a sophomore business major at Texas Christian University. She is a currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus TCU.