This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Are you in a “Netflix slump?” Have you binge-watched all nine seasons of The Office for the fifth time? Did you recently come out of your streaming stupor to find yourself alone and without inspiration for your next television endeavor? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, I have the solution for you: Victoria. Masterpiece, the group owned by PBS, is currently airing a new show about the life of Britain’s Queen Victoria, and it is amazing. Here is why you should watch it:

The Costumes

This show takes us back to the days when a simple dinner party called for a beautiful ballgown. Half the fun of Victoria is admiring all the stunning dresses! 

The Handsome Prince

Watch Victoria fall in love with the prince and try to resist falling in love with him too. 

The History

The show traces the queen’s life from the moment she assumes her place as the next royal of Great Britain. It covers everything from her close personal friendships to the political challenges that faced her, so Victoria is perfect for your inner history nerd. 

Who Run the World—Girls!

Victoria totally owns her title and doesn’t let any man tell her what to do. In a time when women had very little voice in society, the queen runs with a confidence that’ll make you want to get your girl squad in formation. 

The Drama

From court romances to family feuds to royal scandals, the drama will give you a reason to actually look forward to Sunday nights. 

Sister Shows

Victoria has all the same vibes as Downton Abbey and The Crown put together in a new way. If you couldn’t get enough of either of those hits, you’ll absolutely love Victoria

Emily is a sophomore English & History major at Texas Christian University. In her spare time she likes reading, jamming to Taylor Swift, and looking up videos of celebrities falling on stage. At TCU she has fun being involved in Alpha Delta Pi sorority, the Honors College, Model UN, Yoga Club, and Her Campus TCU.
Hayden is a sophomore business major at Texas Christian University. She is a currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus TCU.