This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Cleaning is a toughie, personally I love being organized and keeping everything together, but cleaning? That’s a big no!

Now that spring is here (or almost here) it is so important to get things thrown out and cleaned up to get into the spring vibes.  

Here are a few ways to get certain spaces cleaned:

1. Closets: Biggest place to get cleaning. To get into the spring season you need to make sure you have spring clothes. That means going through your closet and donating clothes you haven’t worn in ages and pushing your winter clothes at the back of your closet. 

2. Workspace: your desk or workspace can most definitely be a clutter.  It is so important to keep your workspace clean so you can easily reach everything and get things done

3. Bedroom: it is much easier to just throw your clothes around everywhere, but it will help you stay cleaner and organized if you just put your clothes back exactly where they should. It will even help you in the long run.

Tips to get you cleaning

1. Listen to your favorite music that will make you get up and get going

2. Create a checklist for each of your cleaning spaces

3. Schedule specific days for specific spaces

4. Don’t take up your entire day cleaning, break it up so you won’t become disengaged or loose motivation

5. Ask friends or family members to help you- it can be more fun that way and you get your work done faster 

Happy Cleaning!  

Cover Image Source: Pexels

A current elementary education student at TCNJ. I have a passion for teaching, I love to write, watch TV, I'm a foodie and love anything related to fashion/beauty!
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.