Thank You, Naps, for Saving the Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It’s Sunday, Feb. 28, and you’re thinking of all the homework you have left to do before the week begins tomorrow. You yawn and look over at the clock; it’s already 3 PM… I guess that means it’s time to get going.

Don’t you just wish you could go back to sleep, just for a little? A nap would be so perfect… Oh wait! Today is National Public Sleeping Day, and you better take advantage of it!

Napping seems to be the secret weapon to life. If you can get a good nap in, when you wake up, you can conquer the world! (Or so we’d like to think)

Here are 5 reasons why naps are a culture fave:

1. Naps give us something to look forward to.  It might be hard to wake up for your early morning class… but knowing that afterward you can run right back to your dorm and take a quick nap makes it so much easier to get through class!

2. Naps make it easier for you to stay up later, and wake up earlier. If you designate a slot in your day for some downtime such as a nap, it could make it easier for you to stay up late doing homework and wake up on time for morning classes.

3. Who doesn’t like an hour of rest in their comfy bed? It’s just so comfortable… and so hard to leave.

4. Naps give you a burst of energy when you wake back up. They don’t call them “power naps” for no reason!

5. It’s scientifically proven that “power naps” are so damn good for you. That’s right, ladies, it’s science.

You may think of naps as a thing of the past – a time of the day you had in Kindergarten as a child. However, naps are still such an important part of a busy person’s life, so let’s be sure to catch some Zzzz’s when we need them!

Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.