This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Summer is right around the corner and that means we have all the time in the world for ourselves. Maybe you’re going on vacation, working a summer job, or going on lots of day trips. Whatever your plans for summer are, you know you are going to be binge watching something on Netflix at one point or another. Here are some of our recommendations:

Thirteen Reasons Why

If you haven’t already watched it, Thirteen Reasons Why is a mini-series that definitely gets inside your head. To be completely honest, the acting is mediocre and some episodes can be a little slow. However, if you stick it out and make it to the end, you’ll find the series has a very powerful message. It’s something fresh that makes you really look at life through a different lens.Giphy

One Tree Hill

I will always recommend One Tree Hill. In my opinion, it is the best T.V. drama because of how real the emotions are. You follow the main characters from their junior year of high school to their lives after college. It’s all so raw because so much happens throughout the series that alters the main character’s lives. There are some ridiculous plot lines but you cannot accuse the show of being boring. It will definitely keep you on your feet, mess with your emotions, and leave you wanting their lives. It’s definitely a commitment with nine seasons but by the end of the series, you will be so attached to these characters you’ll be begging for more.  Giphy

Friday Night Lights

After fighting the craze, I relented and binge watched this show last summer. For someone who doesn’t know a field goal from a safety, I fell in love with the show and believed I actually knew something about football (only to be reminded come football season that I knew nothing).  Regardless, these sweet southerners will win over your heart. With Kyle Chandler as Coach Taylor and Taylor Kitsch as the sexy Tim Riggins, clear eyes, full heart, can’t lose. Giphy

Bloodline

As if five seasons with Kyle Chandler wasn’t enough, Bloodline is a Netflix original series about a prominent family from the Florida Keys with dark secrets that surface with the return of their deadbeat brother. The show is a little slow in the beginning but each episode ends with a cliffhanger that will hook you into spending hours watching the whole series.  When you get to the end of season two, there will be so many questions left unanswered. But don’t fear, the third season comes out in July!Giphy

American Crime Story: The People v. O. J. Simpson

The infamous O. J. Simpson murder case is dramatized to show different perspectives on the scandal in this miniseries. The “Trial of the Century” continues to puzzle people years later. In case you are not familiar with the trial, the miniseries is a great way to familiarize yourself with the case in the most entertaining way. I personally had always known the gist of the case, but not the little details that make the story that much more interesting.

Giphy

That 70s Show

I put this show on whenever I want to laugh because it literally never fails to do so. I always used to watch random episodes but I finally watched the whole series from start to finish this year, which made it even better. If you weren’t sure, That 70s Show is about a group of friends in Wisconsin during the 70s doing stupid things, but it’s sure to make you laugh. Plus, it’s where Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis first fell in love. How cute. Giphy

Cover Image Source: Netflix

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.