School Year Resolutions: Collegiettes Get Ready For A Happy New Year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Syllabus week is over, assignments are jotted down in planners, and it’s hard to believe that just a month ago, the only plans most of us were making involved hitting the beach or meeting up for a happy hour. Who isn’t sad to see summer go?

But with Fall comes a new school year – giving collegiettes across campus a chance to grow, learn and take strides towards their future.

Her Campus found some TCNJ Collegiettes who are looking at the fresh start of a new semester as an opportunity to make School Year Resolutions, making these first few weeks back feel a bit like January 1 (minus the confetti). 

Whether their semester goals are school related or social, or involves an entire team or organization, take inspiration from these TCNJ collegiettes who are entering the school year with plans worth celebrating!

“My resolution is to succeed as a student leader, help to make the women’s center what it once was, continue to be an activist on and off campus, work to expand the WGS course offerings, and educate those around me.”  
        — Megan O.

“My goal is to pass organic chemistry and to meet new & interesting people.”

— Tarika M.

“My goal is to get into Medical School. My interview is at the end of the mont and I’ve never had an interview in my entire life.”

— Shabani A.

“As a team, our goal is to make the national tournament for club sports.” 
        — Kim F.

Advice from the experts: Her Campus TCNJ looked to MindTools, a website for career excellence, for some tips on how to approach goal setting:

• Look at the big picture: “Identify the large-scale goals that you want to achieve.
  • Dissect the large-picture: “Break these [goals] down into smaller and smaller targets that you must it to reach”
  • Make a timeline: “Create a daily to-do list of things you should do today to work towards your [larger-picture] goals.”
  • Act: Create a plan and “start working on it to achieve these goals