Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

TCNJ Blog

Getting Back in Shape after Thanksgiving

By TCNJ Contributor
November 25, 2013 - 1:00pm

By Rashida Ricketts It’s that time of the year again. It’s a time to spend with family and friends, a time to throw on a pair of sneakers before scrambling through the mall at 12 am and a time to eat A LOT. As my Thanksgiving calendar count-down nears the end, my stomach becomes more and more excited for my mom’s famous smoked turkey and my aunt’s amazing mac & cheese. Thanksgiving is one of the few days a year our conscious dieting habits go right out the window, so here are five of my tricks to get back in shape after your post holiday belly blowup. Get a jumpstart on speeding up your metabolism now. READ MORE

Thanksgiving Leftovers to Bring Back to School

By Colleen Duncan
November 20, 2013 - 3:00am

Thanksgiving, a glorious time of no classes, and plenty of sleep, family, and food. Did we mention the food? To prolong this warm, slightly uncomfortable feeling of Thanksgiving, make sure to bring back those leftovers! We’ve got a few new ideas to keep leftovers exciting and not have you running back to Eick before you have to. READ MORE

First Semester Reflections

By TCNJ Contributor
November 15, 2013 - 7:30pm

By Julia Lester As first semester freshmen, we’ve experienced a gamut of emotions. We’ve felt the excitement of making new friends and creating amazing memories, but also have felt that first bout of homesickness that comes with living alone for the first time. We’ve struggled to maintain old relationships as we create new ones, while simultaneously experiencing the elation of finding our own place at TCNJ. It’s definitely been an emotional rollercoaster. But somehow we’ve survived first semester and have learned a ton along the way. READ MORE

TCNJ Horoscopes

By Colleen Duncan
November 4, 2013 - 3:00pm

We've channeled our inner astrological powers to bring you your horoscopes, collegiettes! Aries (March 21-April 19)
Something in your life isn’t as it seems. It might just be the chicken-casserole-surprise in Eick, but be on your toes just in case. It’s a good calf exercise, if anything. Taurus (April 20-May 20)
Mercury is in half moon this month. We’re not exactly sure what that means, but be thankful it’s not in full moon. If Twilight taught us anything useful it’s that werewolves can be a little clingy. Gemini (May 21-June 20)
With Saturn’s rings in your horizon, you may feel like you’re going in circles this week, Gemini. Stop running the loop and go to the gym instead. READ MORE

5 Things I learned on the First Day of My First Internship

By Colleen Duncan
October 30, 2013 - 3:00am

The first day at an internship can be a little overwhelming. Working with professionals who are potential future employers, it’s easy to get nervous and make mistakes. Just for you, collegiettes, here’s a list of five things I learned on my first day, so you can learn from my mistakes before you make them yourself. READ MORE

Bizarre Beauty DIY

By Jessa Gianotti
October 24, 2013 - 3:00am

As I was scrolling through my Pinterest feed one night, as per my usual procrastination routine, I stumbled across a do-it-yourself facial and body scrub. The Pinterest link advertised a DIY salt scrub, adorably packaged in a mason jar and tied with a twine bow. The thumbnail brought me to a recipe from TheBeautyDepartment.com, one of Lauren Conrad’s beauty blogs that she runs with her make-up artist. Of course my own concoction ended up nothing like LC’s creation… I’ll tell you a little bit about how it went for me. READ MORE

5 Ecards That Describe How You’re Feeling Right Now: Fall Break Edition

By Noelle Paredes
October 23, 2013 - 12:00pm

The week between homecoming and fall break is upon us – and we can’t wait for it to be over. Fall break marks the halfway point in the semester and awards us hardworking collegiettes with a much-needed long weekend. But making it through the excruciatingly slow 5 days before the break is easier said than done. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of ecards we found on Pinterest that will speak to your very burnt-out soul. Still recovering from homecoming weekend? We know how you feel. For the collegiette with midterms this week… READ MORE

Finding a Career: Do You Choose Love or Money?

By TCNJ Contributor
October 17, 2013 - 11:00am

By Colleen Duncan Money can’t buy you love… but can it? Every collegiette faces an important decision in her lifetime: choose a job that guarantees money, or choose a job that will guarantee happiness. READ MORE

Make the Most of Homecoming - Regardless of the Changes

By TCNJ Contributor
October 16, 2013 - 12:06pm

By Regina Yorkgitis Petitions, editorials in The Signal and so many @TCNJproblems. Lots of students and alumni are in an uproar about the changes made to Homecoming this year, which were created in order to lessen the “rave-like atmosphere.” Even after all the complaints, the outlook may not change for Homecoming 2013.   READ MORE

Get Your Man’s Attention During Football Season

By Stephanie Agresti
October 16, 2013 - 3:00am

There are three major challenges every collegiette faces in life: SATs, tuition fees and football season. From guy friends to boyfriends, we love the men in our lives. But getting their attention while they’re watching a game is never an easy task. According to an Adweek/Harris poll conducted in 2011, 73% of men watch NFL football. If your man is a mush for football season, use one of these tricks to get him on your side.   READ MORE