Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

TCNJ Blog

Take Care With Garnier

By Christine Aebischer
December 12, 2013 - 6:08pm

We’re officially in the thick of finals, and by this time, let’s face it, we aren’t taking the best care of ourselves. Between the all-nighters, countless cups of coffee and unhealthy (but tasty) late-night snacks, there are fewer smiling, cheerful collegiettes around campus and more grumbling, stressed-out, sleep-deprived zombies. We all have our seemingly never-ending finals to-do lists, but what’s the one thing missing from them? Much needed “me” time. READ MORE

The Best and Worst Pick-Up Lines Used by TCNJ Men

By Courtney Larsen
December 11, 2013 - 9:00am

Pick-up lines.  Love them or hate them, we’ve all heard them. Do you have a name, or can I just call you mine? Is that a mirror in your pocket, because I can see myself in your pants. Are you Google? Because you’ve got everything I’m searching for. The list goes on and on.  The big question is whether or not pick-up lines really work.  We were curious, so we asked TCNJ students about some of the best and worst pick-up lines that they have heard or have used themselves. READ MORE

Find Your Cuddle Buddy

By Sabrina Alex
December 11, 2013 - 9:00am

It’s that time of year again. Brace yourselves for the “I wish I had a cuddle buddy” tweets because tis the season! There’s always something about the holidays that makes the cute couples look cuter and the loners feel…even more lonely. This year, take charge and follow these two rules to beat the winter blues and make everything all warm and cuddly this holiday season. Rule 1: Friends are cuddly too. READ MORE

Moisture 101

By TCNJ Contributor
December 5, 2013 - 3:00am

By Rashiada Ricketts   The first of December is less than one week away, which means it’s time to break out the UGGS and the winter peacoat. Staying warm is usually the primary goal when getting dressed each winter morning, but we mustn’t forget to take an extra few minutes to tend to our hair, lips and skin. As the temperature continues to drop, our collection of moisturizers should be growing. Your hair, skin, and lip care regimen may be in need of a serious upgrade around this time of year and going out to purchase a few essential drugstore items will have both your body and wallet thanking you for the remainder of the winter season. -HAIR CARE Moisture-Rich Shampoo and Conditioner READ MORE

DIY Holiday Gifts to Start Right Now

By Noelle Paredes
December 4, 2013 - 12:00pm

The season of giving is upon us, collegiettes! As the fall semester winds down, we know it can be hard to focus on getting holiday gifts for all your friends and family, but before you know it, you’ll be gathered around the tree exchanging gifts with loved ones, chestnuts roasting on an open fire and Jack Frost nipping at your nose. If you, like most collegiettes, are experiencing a tight wallet this holiday season, it might be a good idea to consider some DIY gifts for your friends and family. Not only do handmade gifts hold a sentimental value, but doing a crafty project can be a great way to relieve some of that end of the semester stress. READ MORE

How To Make Your Dorm Into A Holiday Wonderland

By TCNJ Contributor
November 26, 2013 - 3:00am

By Gabby Galizio While there aren't many weeks of December that we spend on campus (sad face) that just means that we get to decorate our dorms that much earlier! No matter what you celebrate - whether it’s Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice or you just want an excuse to get crafty - here are some simple and inexpensive ways to turn your boring dorm room into a holiday haven! READ MORE

Getting Back in Shape after Thanksgiving

By TCNJ Contributor
November 25, 2013 - 1:00pm

By Rashida Ricketts It’s that time of the year again. It’s a time to spend with family and friends, a time to throw on a pair of sneakers before scrambling through the mall at 12 am and a time to eat A LOT. As my Thanksgiving calendar count-down nears the end, my stomach becomes more and more excited for my mom’s famous smoked turkey and my aunt’s amazing mac & cheese. Thanksgiving is one of the few days a year our conscious dieting habits go right out the window, so here are five of my tricks to get back in shape after your post holiday belly blowup. Get a jumpstart on speeding up your metabolism now. READ MORE

Thanksgiving Leftovers to Bring Back to School

By Colleen Duncan
November 20, 2013 - 3:00am

Thanksgiving, a glorious time of no classes, and plenty of sleep, family, and food. Did we mention the food? To prolong this warm, slightly uncomfortable feeling of Thanksgiving, make sure to bring back those leftovers! We’ve got a few new ideas to keep leftovers exciting and not have you running back to Eick before you have to. READ MORE

First Semester Reflections

By TCNJ Contributor
November 15, 2013 - 7:30pm

By Julia Lester As first semester freshmen, we’ve experienced a gamut of emotions. We’ve felt the excitement of making new friends and creating amazing memories, but also have felt that first bout of homesickness that comes with living alone for the first time. We’ve struggled to maintain old relationships as we create new ones, while simultaneously experiencing the elation of finding our own place at TCNJ. It’s definitely been an emotional rollercoaster. But somehow we’ve survived first semester and have learned a ton along the way. READ MORE

TCNJ Horoscopes

By Colleen Duncan
November 4, 2013 - 3:00pm

We've channeled our inner astrological powers to bring you your horoscopes, collegiettes! Aries (March 21-April 19)
Something in your life isn’t as it seems. It might just be the chicken-casserole-surprise in Eick, but be on your toes just in case. It’s a good calf exercise, if anything. Taurus (April 20-May 20)
Mercury is in half moon this month. We’re not exactly sure what that means, but be thankful it’s not in full moon. If Twilight taught us anything useful it’s that werewolves can be a little clingy. Gemini (May 21-June 20)
With Saturn’s rings in your horizon, you may feel like you’re going in circles this week, Gemini. Stop running the loop and go to the gym instead. READ MORE