Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

TCNJ Blog

Bizarre Beauty DIY

By Jessa Gianotti
October 24, 2013 - 3:00am

As I was scrolling through my Pinterest feed one night, as per my usual procrastination routine, I stumbled across a do-it-yourself facial and body scrub. The Pinterest link advertised a DIY salt scrub, adorably packaged in a mason jar and tied with a twine bow. The thumbnail brought me to a recipe from TheBeautyDepartment.com, one of Lauren Conrad’s beauty blogs that she runs with her make-up artist. Of course my own concoction ended up nothing like LC’s creation… I’ll tell you a little bit about how it went for me. READ MORE

5 Ecards That Describe How You’re Feeling Right Now: Fall Break Edition

By Noelle Paredes
October 23, 2013 - 12:00pm

The week between homecoming and fall break is upon us – and we can’t wait for it to be over. Fall break marks the halfway point in the semester and awards us hardworking collegiettes with a much-needed long weekend. But making it through the excruciatingly slow 5 days before the break is easier said than done. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of ecards we found on Pinterest that will speak to your very burnt-out soul. Still recovering from homecoming weekend? We know how you feel. For the collegiette with midterms this week… READ MORE

Finding a Career: Do You Choose Love or Money?

By TCNJ Contributor
October 17, 2013 - 11:00am

By Colleen Duncan Money can’t buy you love… but can it? Every collegiette faces an important decision in her lifetime: choose a job that guarantees money, or choose a job that will guarantee happiness. READ MORE

Make the Most of Homecoming - Regardless of the Changes

By TCNJ Contributor
October 16, 2013 - 12:06pm

By Regina Yorkgitis Petitions, editorials in The Signal and so many @TCNJproblems. Lots of students and alumni are in an uproar about the changes made to Homecoming this year, which were created in order to lessen the “rave-like atmosphere.” Even after all the complaints, the outlook may not change for Homecoming 2013.   READ MORE

Get Your Man’s Attention During Football Season

By Stephanie Agresti
October 16, 2013 - 3:00am

There are three major challenges every collegiette faces in life: SATs, tuition fees and football season. From guy friends to boyfriends, we love the men in our lives. But getting their attention while they’re watching a game is never an easy task. According to an Adweek/Harris poll conducted in 2011, 73% of men watch NFL football. If your man is a mush for football season, use one of these tricks to get him on your side.   READ MORE

TCNJ Pride Items You Won't Find in the Bookstore

By Noelle Paredes
October 14, 2013 - 3:00am

Every collegiette will be showing her school spirit at homecoming this year.  As past and present students come together this weekend for the big game, everyone will be dawning a TCNJ logo to display their Lion pride. But for the collegiette who doesn’t want to blend in with this sea of blue and gold washing over TCNJ, apparel from the bookstore simply won’t do. READ MORE

Dorm Room Workouts

By TCNJ Contributor
October 11, 2013 - 3:00am

By Kelly Krickus As the days get shorter, and the weather colder, motivation to go to the gym diminishes. Whatever your excuse, these exercises allow you to get a workout all in the confines of your dorm room. Suitable for the small spaces that many students have to deal with, the following routines are sure to pump up your heart rate and keep you in great shape throughout winter. For the Yogi: Yoga is a wonderful way to stretch out any pent up tension that midterms or essays are giving you. This routine not only stretches you, but takes it up a notch with power moves that work the abs and arms. READ MORE

Best Fall Recipes on Pinterest…Without Pumpkin

By Noelle Paredes
October 10, 2013 - 12:00pm

Fall has arrived at TCNJ. Getting back into sweaters and boots is making me all warm and fuzzy, and now that I can sit outside and watch the leaves turn, doing homework is actually fairly enjoyable (gasp!). But I’m not the only one getting into the spirit of autumn; the season of pumpkin is in full swing on Pinterest. It seems that each day pinners are finding inventive ways to incorporate pumpkin into their fall recipes. From pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin bread to pumpkin frozen yogurt - this fall flavor is inescapable. Even tried and true recipes are getting a new pumpkin twist (Pumpkin Ravioli? Sorry, no.) READ MORE

Top Ten Fall Must Haves

By TCNJ Contributor
October 8, 2013 - 3:00am

By Colleen Duncan It’s here! And personally, it’s my favorite season. Warm days, chilly nights, colored leaves: what’s not to love? To make sure you make the most of this mother-of-all seasons, HC TCNJ has a list of top ten fall must haves: Boots. It’s October, it’s officially acceptable to wear boots, without question. Apple picking. Just as good as pumpkin picking, but you can eat them! Hocus Pocus. Playing in the Stud October 22 at 10:00 p.m.! (And it’s on ABC Family’s 13 Days of Halloween, so don’t miss it!) READ MORE

10 Artists We'd Rather Be Hearing Instead of Miley

By TCNJ Contributor
October 7, 2013 - 3:00am

By Colleen Duncan I don’t know when it happened. I don’t know why it happened. But somehow, for some strange reason, Miley Cyrus has become the voice of Eickhoff. Can’t a girl enjoy some vegan chili without hearing We Can’t Stop and Wrecking Ball? Apparently not. So in protest, we’ve come up with a list of artists that won’t put us off our already questionable dining hall food. Jay Z- Holy Grail  It features Justin Timberlake, ‘nuff said. Lorde- Royals We’re still amazed that she’s only sixteen. READ MORE