New Music Releases to Listen to This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

With the weather getting warmer, and summer just around the corner, new music from the industry’s leading artists are poised to hit the charts and possibly be on your playlist for Summer 2017. 

1. Harry Styles – Harry Styles

Released yesterday, May 12, Harry Styles’s first solo album after his One Direction days is true to his nature. With two of the singles, “Sign of the Times” and “Ever Since New York,” getting traction among audiences worldwide, this album showcases the true vocal skills of this fabulous singer.

2. Lust for Life – Lana Del Ray

After taking a three-year hiatus following the release of Honeymoon, Lana Del Ray’s new album is poised to deliver more romantic ballads and fresh vocals. With collaborations with the Weeknd as well as John Lennon’s son, Sean Lennon, this album will be packed with great vocals and melodies, perfect for its summer release.

3. Hopeless Fountain Kingdom – Halsey

Most people know her from her collaboration with the Chainsmokers on “Closer.” However, Halsey’s sophomore album is poised to build on the momentum generated by her debut album Badlands. Due on June 2, this album is set to fill the airways with her version of alternative pop.

4.Melodrama – Lorde After taking a long hiatus, Lorde is finally back and better than ever. With the immense popularity of the addictive single “Green Light” as well as “Liability,” Lorde is ready to unleash the emotions associated with solitude, a theme she explores throughout her sophomore album. Set to drop June 16, Lorde is ready to leave her mark on the music world, yet again!

5. Kaleidoscope – Coldplay

This five-single EP is a follow-up to the uber-popular album A Head Full of Dreams. Releasing on June 2, this EP is already highly anticipated since the band’s collaboration with The Chainsmokers on “Something Just Like This” was a huge hit.

6. Digital Distortion- Iggy Azalea

After many delays, Iggy Azalea is ready to release her sophomore album on June 2. Re-evaluating her album right after her engagement to Nick Young ended, Azalea feels that her new album is more representative of her growth as an artist, as well as a person.

Thumbnail Credit: Pexels

A Sophomore Biology major at The College of New Jersey, who has an affinity for fashion, beauty, pop culture, and anything with humor!
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.