This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Finals are upon us, and let’s be honest, you’re not really thinking about moving out. And if you are, you’re stressing about studying AND packing everything you own to bring back home. But don’t stress! Here are a few tips to make move out painless and get you out of here to start your summer as smoothly as possible!

1. Start packing now. Take study breaks and pack a bag or two. If you don’t have any duffel bags or suitcases from home, grab some trash bags and throw all your clothes in there. If you start packing, even just a little bit before move out day, you’ll make the transition easier. Or if you don’t want to start packing just yet, take down everything on your walls and just pile it up so you don’t have to do it the day you move out.

2. Have your mom/dad/best friend from home/boyfriend come before move out day. Even if you only move out half of your things, you’re still moving stuff out early. This means that on move out day, you won’t have to face the crowds and all of your floormates moving their things too.

3. Get rid of the things you don’t need. Throw out anything you know you won’t use again. But don’t forget to recycle too! Plus, the school helps you out a bit – they put out dumpsters next to the dorms for easy disposal. Also be sure to donate any clothes, rugs, curtains, sheets, etc. on May 8 and 9 by calling the Bonner Center at (609) 771-2548. Although it may seem like an extra hassle to deal with while moving out, it is much better to donate these unwanted items to people less fortunate instead of just throwing them away.

4. Get your friends to help too! Even though everyone’s moving out, those strong boys love the opportunity to show off their muscles. You’d be surprised how willing they are to carry your refrigerator to the parking garage. Don’t be afraid to ask because it’s the perfect opportunity to talk to that cute muscle-y boy too!

Packing is a process that nobody likes, but it can be done in the least possible stressful way. If you prepare to move out early and get your things together before move out day, it won’t be so hot, frazzled, or busy moving up and down the elevators and walking all over those parking garages. So think ahead, get help from your parents and friends, and get rid of things you won’t use so you don’t have to bring it all the way home too. This time of year is stressful and moving out isn’t a great time, but it’s one step closer to that amazing summer you’re sure to have!