This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Dear TCNJ Class of 2020,

First off- Congratulations! You are on your way to the best years of your life. Whether you have officially committed to TCNJ or you are still contemplating your future school, you should be proud of your accomplishments, and be excited about what the future holds for you!

Once you get to TCNJ, you will be overwhelmed by a sea of Ambassador stripes, but come to know that on all of the tours you took when making your decision that they weren’t lying- TCNJ is really a great place to be.

Once your dorm is all set up and you say your goodbyes to your family, roam around your hallway and explore the building. Get to know the place since that’s where you’ll be living for the rest of the year. Introduce yourself to your floor mates and CAs, and always follow the open door policy, it will help you meet new people!

Do NOT worry about making friends! You will! Everyone comes into college worried about making friends, but TCNJ offers so many events during Welcome Week and during the first few weeks of the semester for you to make friends. You will bond with people on your floor about the gross temperatures, about the early morning breakfasts during Welcome Week, and about what Netflix shows you are currently binge watching.

You will come to appreciate the little things, like meal equiv and late night TDubs runs with friends. Always count on Eve and Big Larry to brighten your day in Eick.

Keep up on your school work- the most important thing you will learn in college is time management. Take advantage of the library and get your work done so you can nap and hang out with friends. While school work and good grades are extremely important, so is a social life, remember to make time for fun!

In time, you will soon find out about all the unique and quirky things that make TCNJ a home away from home and learn to love each and every one of them. Your friends will come for a visit and ask “Why do you guys abbreviate EVERYTHING?” and you will just laugh because it is unexplainable. But for now, enjoy the rest of senior year and all it has in store, and get ready for the best four years of your life- as a lion!

Images:

1. http://recreation.pages.tcnj.edu/files/2014/08/TCNJ-aerial-shot.jpg  

2. https://welcomeweek.pages.tcnj.edu/files/2014/08/IMG_1429-300×300.jpg

Maddi is the current President and Campus Correspondent for HCTCNJ. She is a senior journalism student at The College of New Jersey who loves pugs, napping, and all things food.