This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

People say that laughter is the best medicine- and for one TCNJ freshman, that is certainly true. This week’s cutie is a comedic blonde with an infectious sense of humor. Meet Keller! 

So Keller how does it feel to be a TCNJ Campus Cutie?

Keller: Feels pretty cool, I wasn’t sure what it was but it’s awesome.

So far, what’s your favorite part about TCNJ?

I really like how friendly everyone is. And I don’t feel out of place anywhere, it’s cool. It did throw me off a little. At first I was like “What’s the catch?” But people are just genuinely really nice.

Okay, so where are you from?

I was born in Livingston, and I spent the first seven years of my life in South Orange then I moved to Summit. I’ve been there for…eleven years now.

So just to lean a little about you, what is your best quality?

I guess my humor. It’s interesting because it can make someone’s day but it can also offend people. I try not to upset people. It’s interesting how people take it in such different ways.

I know you’re an English major like myself. What made you pick that major?

A few reasons; my mom teaches English and I was always really intrigued when she taught, and I’ve have some really great teachers and that has inspired me. But I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to do so I just went with English. So I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do in the future.

Well, I guess that’s a good segway into my next question: What do you want to do in the future?

I want to work with people in some way. That would be cool.

And since you are an English major who is your favorite fictional character from a book?

Sirius Black, he was convicted of a crime he didn’t commit and had to endure 13 years of prison and I think that’s an amazing part of his life. Plus he’s protective of Harry and isn’t afraid to fight. He’s protective but acknowledged that fighting is an option.  

Okay, so do you play any sports?

I play ultimate Frisbee. I’ve been doing conditioning for a while. I played a lot in high school. When I was a freshman some of the seniors started an ultimate Frisbee club that I joined which I became president of my senior year.

Any other hobbies besides Frisbee?

In high school I was a huge theater kid. Not a lot of people expect it but it was a huge passion of mine. I’m still looking to get involved in it here at TCNJ.

Did you sing, act, dance, play an instrument…?

Well I did plays and musical theater. For me singing and acting are better than dancing but I tried my best.

Is there a favorite song that you enjoy singing?

Oh man, I would have to say “Feeling Good” by Michael Bublé. Not many people know this, but the song was originally in a Broadway show that failed and Bublé picked it up and took it over.

If you can remember, what is the best advice someone has ever given you?

The best piece of advice was simple but it goes a long way, “Everything is going to work out in the end.” As long as you stay focused it will work. I always thought that was a really good idea.

Have you given any good advice?

I said to a girl my sophomore year: “Don’t bother telling people that you’re tired because EVERYONE is tired.”

Let’s talk about girls. What is your biggest turn on and turn off?

I can’t explain why, but I really love girls with glasses. I just think it’s a cool feature.

And your biggest turn off?

Pretending to be something that you’re not.

Your ideal date?

Maybe getting some lunch? Not Eick, but somewhere medium-nice and taking a walk in the park.

And your ideal girl would be..?

Someone who is funny, chill, and nice. My celebrity crush is Anna Kendrick.

Speaking of celebrities and movies, what’s your favorite movie?

12 Angry Men

And in a movie about your life, who would play you?

Oh my gosh, either… Jonah Hill or Michael Cera.

What would it be called?

Okay I’m using a title from an old TV show, but it would be The Hard Times of Keller Gordon.