This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Image Source

Clothing:

Don’t pack every clothing item you have. Check the weather and think about what you will be doing each day and lay out your outfits accordingly. Pack one backup outfit just in case.

Class assignments and school work:

As hard as it is to think about school over a holiday break, you don’t want to have to work on a ton of assignments the second you come back to school. Pack a couple of your lighter assignments that are actually feasible to complete over break.

Downtime:

If you don’t have a lot of schoolwork, take advantage of all the downtime you will have. Pack your laptop, your music, or a book you’ve been putting off reading because you’re too busy at school to read it.

What not to pack:

Bulky items like shampoo, conditioner or your hair dryer. These items are a waste of space especially if you’re going home, you should already have them. On the flipside, your parents will be so happy that you’re home that they’ll be willing to buy more for you!

Image Source

Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.