pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HC TCNJ Seniors Say Goodbye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Her Campus TCNJ has seen girls come and go over the years that it has been on our campus.  With only a week left of school and only two until graduation, it is scary to think that this experience is over for our seniors.  Though we may be leaving, it is important to remember that we have all become a part of something bigger than us and we have impacted HC TCNJ just as much as it has impacted us.  Here are a few thoughts from our senior e-board members as they prepare for graduation, reflect on their years here and leave a little advice for the underclassmen members of this fantastic online magazine.

Dear HC TCNJ,

As a senior, there have been so many things that have impacted my college experience.  My classes, my professors, my jobs/internships and, of course, my friends.  But Her Campus TCNJ did something that may have been a little more important for me: while working as a writer, section editor and then Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent, I truly gained a passion for this industry.  I get chills thinking about my future now and I owe it to my Her Campus experience.  It’s where it all started for me and it will always have a place in my heart.  

I hope this magazine can become more than just an online publication for girls to get relationship and fashion advice from.  I want the girls (and guys hopefully!) who are behind the cuties and celebs to take more away from their time at HC TCNJ.  It can spark a passion, join together new friends and even help them get a job one day.  It is more than a magazine; it’s a sisterhood.  Congrats on another year collegiettes.  I’m so proud of each and every one of you and I know that we would never have been able to pull off everything that we did this year if we had not worked together.  Keep the pink going strong for years to come!

HCXO,

Hilarey Wojtowicz, Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent

Dear HC TCNJ,

As a graduating senior I have been doing a lot of looking back on my college experience and Her Campus has made such a positive impact on my time here at TCNJ.  HerCampus gave me the opportunity to get involved in a great group of women while following my passion.  I’ve enjoyed my time as Photo Editor and I’m truly glad that I had the experience to be involved in this organization. When I first heard of Her Campus at TCNJ I didn’t think it was for me because I saw it as a group exclusively for journalism majors.  Of course now I realize I couldn’t have been more wrong! I am so glad I became involved, as running the Her Campus photo blog has given me a chance to continue my photography hobby while being able to document the beauty of our campus culture at TCNJ. I hope that more of TCNJ’s collegiettes will become active in Her Campus because this group can offer so many opportunities and experiences to follow what you love. 

HCXO,

Katherine Aebischer, Photo Editor

Dear HC TCNJ,

If you would have told me two years ago when I transferred to The College of New Jersey that I’d be graduating with a degree in journalism, I would have thought you were crazy.

When I transferred here from county college, I began my journey as an education and Spanish double major. After the first semester, not only would it take a long time to play “catch up” with my credits, I wouldn’t be graduating on time, nor would I hold junior status. On top of that, I was craving more: I wanted to write, be published and somehow make a difference on campus while I was here.

With a new major to my name, I visited the spring activities fair where I became acquainted with Her Campus representatives. I thought joining a group of girls with similar interests to me would be the perfect way to settle in and find my place among the already established cliques on campus. I was right.

After a semester of writing, I became news editor with our now graduating editor-in-chief, Hilarey. I loved taking on more responsibilities within our organization while still pursuing HC writing assignments.

Thinking about graduating in two weeks makes my head spin. While I’m upset to graduate and leave my news editor position and experiences behind, I feel confident that the future of HC TCNJ is bright. I have no doubt that our current and future writers and editors will continue to make this online publication blossom.

My change in major was the best decision I made at TCNJ. I’m so thankful I got involved with HC early in my journalism career, and I would suggest everyone on campus attending the activities fair to explore different options. You never know—you might be as lucky as I am to leave college knowing amazing writers that I can now call great friends.

Best of luck to future generations of collegiettes! You’ve chosen such a rewarding career path.

HCXO,

Nicole Mulvaney, News Editor

Hilarey Wojtowicz is a senior Journalism/Professional Writing major at The College of New Jersey. Hilarey works for TCNJ's Residential Education and Housing Department as a Community Advisor, but is truly aspiring to be the next Carrie Bradshaw. Not only does Hilarey love writing for her campus's chapter of Her Campus, but she enjoys writing about sports for local newspapers, as well. A true Jersey girl at heart, Hilarey is definitely not from the Boston area, but is a huge fan of the New England Patriots. You can find her interning in New York City this Fall at Woman's Day Magazine.