A Girl’s Guide to the Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

We know just how intimidating it could be to sit down in a room of hardcore football lovers – especially on Super Bowl Sunday, the biggest sports day of the year. Now, we are no experts on the game, either, but there are some tricks that could help you enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday experience!

1. Choose a team to cheer for! Without choosing a side, the game may seem meaningless. Having someone to root for gives you a reason to pay attention, and maybe even learn more about the game throughout! So choose, Panthers or Broncos?

2. Get some cute party gear. Dressing in the team’s colors will contribute to the fun of it all. It’s a conversation starter if you show up to a Super Bowl party in one of the team’s jerseys or in some football-themed party gear.

3. Don’t ignore the wonderful snacks. It’s all to die for! Chicken wings, chips and dip, and finger food! UGH – nothing compares to the treats that go along with the big game. Don’t forget to dig in!

4. Commercials, commercials, commercials! It’s the biggest commercial day of the year, so paying attention to the television when there’s a commercial break is just as fun as watching the big game! We can’t wait to laugh and cry at the amazing commercials during the Super Bowl.

5. Halftime show? YES. Make sure you get a good spot by the TV for the halftime show. Who Runs The World? Beyoncé. (We also love Bruno Mars and Coldplay. But, come on, Queen B slays!)

6. Rest up! After the big game ends and the football season is officially over, don’t forget to get some sleep! It is Super Bowl SUNDAY, and there are classes tomorrow!

Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.