Girl Boss Gifts For Your Girl Gang

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It’s the holiday season and “Gift Guides” are popping up across morning television, magazines, and on online media outlets. But these guides can get redundant and boring. Like, who really cares about the new state-of-the-art pillow? Not me! I noticed what was missing from this vast world of gift guides was a boss lady, woman-killer, fire feminist guide! These gifts are perfect for your female coworkers, for your inspiring best friend, or for your mother who works her butt of in the office and motivates you every single day. These gifts are like no other, and should be shared with every woman you know!

This book is bound to inspire the women in your life. “In The Company of Women” is an unprecedented collection of inspiration and advice from over 100 women, ranging from Artists, to Interior Designers, to Entrepreneurs. The images that accompany the text are magnificent and just as moving and motivating as the stories. Grace Bonney, the author, is a true Girl Boss herself! You can purchase this book on Amazon, at Barnes & Noble, or at your local book store.

Image Source

What Girl Boss can get through her day without a cup (or four) of coffee? This inspirational mug is cute and useful for all the Girl Bosses in your life. You can find it on Zazzle. Grab it for your coworker, who deserves more inspiration on their over-flowing desk! Or for your roommate, who drinks coffee before every class. The options are endless!

Image Source

The Girl Boss in your life could always use some inspiration in their office or bedroom. Art prints like this one, found on Etsy, are adorable yet bold – making a statement than the future is in fact female (but we already knew that!). In addition, you can search for female sellers on Etsy, so you’re supporting a Girl Boss while also getting a gift for a Girl Boss!

Image Source

Whoever said “girls just wanna have fun” clearly hadn’t seen a woman in a pantsuit, strutting into the office to take on the day. This trinket dish is a perfect gift because it’s subtle yet inspiring. You can find it at Paper Source for less than $10, making it an ideal stocking stuffer or gift topper for another one of these Girl Boss gifts.

Image Source

“Bad Girls Throughout History” highlights 100 revolutionary women considered ‘bad’ – because they challenged the status quo – through elaborate illustrations. The woman vary from pirates to scientists to daredevils to activists who all have one thing in common: they changed the rules (and the world) for all who followed! Purchase it from Barnes & Noble or Urban Outfitters for a gift that’s bound to inspire the female in your life to push the boundaries even further.

Image Source

This wall art is perfect for any member of your Girl Gang. In an interesting graphic print, the tapestry reads “support your local girl gang.” Perfect for a wall in an office or living room, you can find the tapestry on Red Bubble. Scroll through the site for more girl-inspired wall art if this graphic doesn’t fit your decor.

Image Source

Notebooks and stationary with inspirational quotes on the front are perfect for the boss babe in your life, since I’m sure she’s filled with ideas and needs a place to store them all. This journal that reads “hustle hard girl,” is from Franchesca’s. This example just grazes the surface of all the amazing girl-empowerment stationary out there!

Image Source

Amanda Lovelace won the 2016 Goodreads Choice Award for this story of poetry of a princess turned damsel turned queen! “the princess saves herself in this one” was chosen as 1 of 18 Literary Quotes Every Feminist Needs to Read Right Now, so if the Girl Boss in your life hasn’t already picked this one up, it is the perfect gift. You can purchase it at Urban Outfitters or Amazon.

Image Source

Cover Image Source

Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.