This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It’s about that time of the year again when everyone on campus starts to emerge from their designated places of hibernation to enjoy the brisk weather. Spring at TCNJ usually means a good number of frisbees being thrown around and students sprawled out on any patch of green they so desire. With everyone outside enjoying the season, there is only one thing missing and that’s some feel good songs.

“I love It” by Icona Pop is a song that you want to be blasting with your fellow collegiettes to get you especially amped up. You can’t help but want to be friends with the two singers of the group, Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo, simply because they sing about how they love watching their cars getting driven into bridges and burning.  I mean sure, in the real world it would just be psychotic for someone to do this over a guy but in the music world, it makes for one entertaining pop song. I promise that once you hear it you too will become addicted to singing about the destruction of automobiles.

“Can’t Hold Us” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis is a foot stomping song that will make you want to prance around campus to its beat. With the chorus beginning with, “Here we go back, this is the moment, tonight is the night, we’ll fight till it’s over, so we put our hands up like the ceiling can’t hold us”, it makes for the perfect song to listen to before going out on the town (and by town that includes hot, sweaty fraternity houses). It will have you and your friends wanting to dance so hard that the dorm ceiling breaks, but of course it’s favorable if that doesn’t actually happen.

“Just Keep Breathing” by We The Kings is just the song you need to lift your spirits and get you into a positive spring time mood. We’ve all had those days in college when just about everything seems to bother us; you’ll know its one of those days when you start thinking things like, “Why is that girl smiling at me? Who does she think she is?” Yup, it’s one of those days. This song is what you need to put you in that happy place and not want to totally strangle every person that has the misfortune of looking in your direction. “The beginning’s just another end, it’s not too late to start again, when hope is all too hard to hold, just take a breath and let it go.” This song will definitely calm you and help you resist cutting off the pony tail of the girl who is walking slowly in front of you to class.

“The Way” by Ariana Grande featuring Mac Miller is a song of the underdog couple that you can’t help but root for. She is the good girl, he is the bad boy, but when you listen to it you can’t help but want them to run off into the sunset together. With it’s chill beat it will have you singing along to every word for sure, except for when Ariana Grande hits notes that only dolphins and Mariah Carey could ever imitate. But if the underdog couple angle doesn’t make you want to snap your fingers to the beat, then Mac Miller’s rap surely will. This is especially true when he says, “Come and watch a movie with me, American Beauty or Bruce Almighty, that’s groovy”. We agree Mac Miller, Bruce Almighty is a solid movie so we respect your reference to it.

I am a Sophomore Journalism major at The College of New Jersey.
Hilarey Wojtowicz is a senior Journalism/Professional Writing major at The College of New Jersey. Hilarey works for TCNJ's Residential Education and Housing Department as a Community Advisor, but is truly aspiring to be the next Carrie Bradshaw. Not only does Hilarey love writing for her campus's chapter of Her Campus, but she enjoys writing about sports for local newspapers, as well. A true Jersey girl at heart, Hilarey is definitely not from the Boston area, but is a huge fan of the New England Patriots. You can find her interning in New York City this Fall at Woman's Day Magazine.