jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Outfit Inspiration: Culottes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Spring, summer, winter, and fall — culottes have been all around a trend for a couple years now. They are typically described as flared trousers that are supposed to resemble a skirt. Despite the fact that culottes might seem tricky to style, here’s some inspiration on how to style them!

One of the easiest ways to style culottes is a pair of white sneakers and a chunky turtleneck. These two pieces can make an outfit look put together without the actual effort. Making a trip to the mall or class, this outfit is ridiculously comfy to wear anywhere.

Image Source

Want to put a twist on your usual all black ensemble? Switch the black skinny jeans with black culottes. Throw on a leather jacket, patent-leather boots, and a black hat will create a fresh, edgy look.

Image Source

If you’re feeling a little out of your comfort zone, this quirky outfit is the way to go. The mustard graphic tee paired with the crazy striped culottes gives a carefree vibe. These striped culottes are super fun especially because of self-tie around the waist.

Image Source

This look gives off a super minimalist and sleek vibe. The silky element of the culottes instantly makes the outfit more formal. If you’re sick of wearing a dress to a formal event, you can easily imitate this look with culottes. Accessorize a little more, and you’re ready to go.

Image Source

Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.