jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall 2017 Movie Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Image Source: Nerdist

With autumn right around the corner, new movies are ready to make a splash at a theater near you. Here is a list of upcoming movies that are poised to shape the film industry over the next couple of months:

Image Source

Battle of Sexes (9/22)

Based on the famous tennis match between Billie Jean King (Emma Stone) and Bobby Riggs (Steve Carell), this film focuses on the personal and professional lives of these tennis players. Riggs declared that he could defeat any woman’s tennis player, and in this time of sexual revolution, King agreed to play him in one of the most watched tennis matches in the history of the sport.

Image Source

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (9/22)

The much-anticipated sequel to Kingsman: The Secret Service, this film promises to build upon the momentum created by the next. Once the headquarters of the Kingsman was destroyed, they team up with a US spy agency, Statesman, where they work together to take down the enemy.

Image Source

The Mountain Between Us (10/6)

Starring Idris Elba and Kate Winslet, this thriller involves two strangers who survived a plane crash and try to find a way back home. Battling remote mountain ranges, subzero temperatures, and life-threatening injuries, this movie promises to dazzle viewers with picturesque sceneries and a compelling storyline.

Image Source

Justice League (11/17)

This newest installment in superhero films features Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, and The Flash as they battle new villains. After a summer of great superhero films, this movie proves to build upon this momentum.

Image Source

Coco (11/22)

Young Miguel has a passion for music; however, his family has a generations-old ban on it. As a devout follower of Ernesto de la Cruz, Miguel tries to figure out why his family instilled this ban. Miguel meets Hector, a trickster, and as both individuals become friends, they try to figure out his family history.

A Sophomore Biology major at The College of New Jersey, who has an affinity for fashion, beauty, pop culture, and anything with humor!
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.