Celebrities that Hail from New Jersey Colleges

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

By Jennifer Goetz

The glitz and glamor of celebrity life is only one part of these talented individuals lives! The colleges and universities here, in New Jersey, are what helped provide these celebrities with some education before the fame!

Princeton University:

Brooke Shields attended Princeton University and majored in “Romance Languages.” This former child star took a break from her career for college and graduated in 1988. Her career as a model and actress continued to flourish. Brains and beauty!

First Lady Michelle Obama attended Princeton University and graduated in 1985. She then went on to Harvard Law School, and joined a law firm in Chicago, where she would eventually meet her husband.

Rutgers University:

This T.V. vampire used to be a student at Rutgers University, before dropping out to follow his passion for acting. Just think, if he had continued, he might not have become Stefan Salvatore on the C.W. show The Vampire Diaries.

Known for her role as Charlotte York on the popular show Sex and the City, Kristen Davis attended Rutgers University. New Jersey may not be the big apple, but hey, it’s close.

This funny woman, known for her role as Jenna on 30 Rock, is an alumnus of Rutgers University. Jane Krakowski was born in Parsippany N.J.  She is a successful film, TV and theater actress who continues to thrive!

Montclair State University:

It’s Bruce Willis! And he went to college in Jersey at Montclair State University.  He entered as a drama major but dropped out in his sophomore year to try and make it in the business. This film, theater and television actor is known in particular for his roles in Die Hard, The Sixth Sense and The Expendables.

Famed and beloved baseball star Yogi Berra attended Montclair State as well. He is revered as one of the best catchers in history! He was a major league baseball play for the New York Yankees (1946-63) and was a catcher, outfielder and a manager. He received an honorary degree in 1996 from Montclair. This college certainly scored a home run with him.

TCNJ:

Last but certainly not least is TCNJ’s own alumni Holly Black, author of The Spiderwick Chronicles. She was an English major and is now a bestselling author!

New Jersey college students have certainly had a fair amount of success! Let us know if you think any next star baseball players, authors, actors or success stories are in the making!