This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Image Source

If you’re looking for a fun-loving, feel-good, hilarious Christmas movie, you need to go see A Bad Moms Christmas NOW! Believe me, you don’t want to miss the chance to see it before the Christmas season is over.

After watching the first film, Bad Moms, I was hooked, but I had no idea what was coming next. You can bet that as soon as I heard about the sequel, I already had everything all planned out. Movie theatre, tickets, freshly popped, buttery popcorn, Buncha Crunch candy, a water that’s way too big for anyone to drink, and myself (okay, and my boyfriend too).

All I can say is: get ready to laugh (but also tear up a bit).

The film is incredibly funny as the “Bad Moms” parade drunkenly through the mall. You also get to watch a Sexy Santa competition from a bar. While it has its humor, this movie is also exceptionally touching because of its relationship element.

The “Bad Moms” moms come to their houses for Christmas, with all of their own plans about how to have the best Christmas ever, and the “Bad Moms” aren’t having it. A whole slew of fights, bickering, and showdowns ensue, and the interior of an entire house even gets destroyed. Even though the mom pairings drive each other crazy throughout the entire movie, they make up in the end, despite that they’ll probably never see to eye to eye. I personally loved the ending because in my opinion, it emphasizes that while nothing will ever be perfect, the heartwarming ending suggests to the audience that at the end of the day, family is everything.

The two generations of moms coming together illustrates the reality that your mom will always be your mom, no matter how old you are, even after you’ve become a mom yourself. In other words, despite how intrusive, overbearing, or frustrating your mom may seem, she’s always there for you.

So, you can say that two hours later, I walked away laughing, happy, and in the Christmas spirit. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good laugh! 

Cover Image Source

Alyssa is a senior English major at TCNJ who loves to read, write, listen to music, and spend time with her friends, family, and dog. She is currently a Features Editor for HCTCNJ. 
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.