This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

I think that we can all agree that college is such an exciting time in many of our lives. It’s sad to think that I’m going to have to say goodbye for now to the crazy friends who were once nothing more than floor mates or strangers that have now become my family for a shot at living in the real world. Believe me, this time does go by quickly but you freshmen have so much time ahead of you, which is why a few old seniors would like to pass along things that made our experience here what it was to you as you finish up your first year of college.

“You made it through your first year, congratulations! Cherish the days you have left.” – Folake Ayiloge

“Don’t sweat the small stuff, you’ll be okay and you’ll make it through. Take the time to get involved, work on time management, and always be true to yourself.” – Kelsey Schroepfer

“Break up what you have to do for finals into pieces, and commit to chipping away at those smaller chunks day by day.” – Connor Mullin

“Try to find a balance between education and social life. You don’t want to be too involved in a specific one otherwise you might regret it as the years go by.” –Sonya West

“Give the programs that spark your interest a chance. Always try something new because it just might become your favorite memory.” – Karoline Intriago

“Breathe. Finals season can be a very stressful time but it doesn’t have to be. Having a plan in place that allows for adequate sleep and study time will lead to success.” – David Brown

…And from yours truly:

“Live in every moment and do it with the people you can’t imagine living without. Live for the moments that you and your friends spend on your floor eating takeout talking until three in the morning about absolutely nothing and everything. Live for the nights that you spend dancing in the basement of a frat house until last ride, the nights that make it unbelievably hard to get up for class the next morning but you do it anyway to reminisce with your girls about the night before. Live with no regrets with the people who make it so easy not to live fearlessly. TCNJ given me so many things but the one thing I will cherish the most when I leave are the memories and people I’ve met here as a result. So enjoy it all, every second of it.” – Rashida Ricketts

I’ll end our elderly advice to you on a bit of a humorous note…

“Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things.” – Pat Roberts

Well there you have it Class of 2019, here is some of the advice from the kids who’ve lived what we wish we could live again. It’s up to you to make the most of your college experience but if you follow even one of the above tips I guarantee you’ll make out of finals week just. See you in the real world someday.

Yours truly,

A Washed-Up Graduating Senior