Adam DeVine, a True Jokester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Adam DeVine, mostly known for starring as Bumper in Pitch Perfect, Adam DeMamp in Workaholics, and Andy in Modern Family, brought his stand up comedy to the stage at The College of New Jersey. His rather quick wit and easygoing personality lit up the room and captured the audience. After most of his jokes he even rendered himself some criticism, by commenting, “stupid.”

I got to meet up with him after the show to ask a few questions, which he answered with a lighthearted attitude.

First, I asked him what acting role he enjoyed the most-and why? While eating fruit from a tray…he responded, “it would probably be Adam DeMamp on Workaholics, because we created it so I can do whatever I want. There is a lot of freedom there, and that’s the character I’ve spent the most time with so I am able to snap in and out of that character really easily. So that’s probably the most fun, but one of the reasons I like doing movies and some other stuff is that my characters are all so diverse, and it’s fun to do different stuff, just for sanity sake.”

Adam continued to joke, “imagine being on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit and being super serious all the time and just talking about horrible stuff all day.”

Adam continued with this joking manner when I asked if there was anything behind the scenes of any sets that was unintentional and turned out to be hilarious? At first he hesitated and then said, “ummmm…. yeah well I mean.” He then scrunched up his face, pondering the question.

“Yeah I mean we have weird bloopers happen where I was yelling at Ders about something, and I go to hit the cubicle wall and they didn’t put it together properly so all the four walls just came falling down which was really cool and made the blooper real. You see me break character for a moment, and I go “I’m the strongest dude in here” and run off.”  Then he chuckled, “now I want something cool to go down, now that you put this in my brain.”

We will be seeing more of Adam DeVine in a few upcoming movies such as Pitch Perfect 2, The Final Girls and The Intern.