5 Winter Drinks to Cozy Up With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Mr. Groundhog saw his shadow last week, so it looks like we won’t be flaunting our maxi dresses and floral crop tops anytime soon. We can look forward to another six weeks of fuzzy socks, comfy sweaters and hopefully, more snow days.

But don’t let the brisk winter weather get you too chilled. Stay warm by sipping on one of these cozy drinks:

1. Warm Apple Cider

If you’re not up for a caffeine rush, try some warm apple cider. Your favorite fruit mixed with cinnamon, for a sweet cup of this seasonal blend.

2. Peppermint Hot Cocoa

Just because candy cane season is over, it doesn’t mean we still can’t get our dose of mint. Why drink an ordinary cup of hot cocoa when you can have an even sweeter version? Try Peppermint Hot Cocoa for the cool sensation of mint, but the warming sensation of hot cocoa.

3. Eggnog Latte

Your favorite holiday beverage has been modified for today’s generation of skinny lattes and caramel macchiatos. Now enjoy it hot, with an extra hint of caffeine to keep your taste buds going wild.

4. Chai Latte

A new take on the traditional chai tea, this aromatic drink will keep you feeling warm, and normally has fewer calories than most other lattes and cappuccino blends.

5. Salted Caramel Mocha

If you’re craving caramel cream candies, and the rich decadence of Hershey’s chocolate, a Salted Caramel Mocha is your go-to beverage. A luxurious blend of your two flavors, this brew will treat your sweet tooth and keep you toasty. 

So whether you want to venture to Starbucks, Dunkin, or a cute coffee shop, try one of these cozy drinks. And hey, if you get snowed in this winter, you can even be your own barista and try whipping up one of these flavorful beverages for yourself.