5 Ways to Spend Your Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

There’s no better way to celebrate living your best single life than with some single friends. Galentine’s Day, or Valentine’s Day for the gals, focuses on friendship and fun the day before Valentine’s Day: February 13th. Sometimes, the ladies need a night for themselves. Whether you are in a relationship or not, Galentine’s Day is a fun (and convenient) way to celebrate with the girls while still being able to do something with your significant other for Valentine’s Day. And even more so, if you and your friends find yourselves all to be single this February, then you can really make something out of it. Here are some ways to spend Galentine’s Day 2018:

1.     Have a girl’s night out:

Sometimes, there’s nothing more fun and necessary than a night out with the girls. Whether it be grabbing dinner at a favorite restaurant, going dancing, or going to the movies (the possibilities are literally endless), there’s something about a night out with friends that can fix any single blues. Getting dressed up and making a full night of it is also a great way to spend time with friends and have a good time.

2. Have a cozy night in:

While going out is fun, sometimes it is the exact opposite of what you want to do on a weeknight (Galentine’s Day falls on a Tuesday this year). So if that’s the case, have a night in with friends. This also has a never-ending list of possibilities, such as a movie night, game night, beauty night, etc. Order a pizza and watch a rom-com, or get some Chinese food and indulge in a pamper session with face masks, mani/pedis, the whole works. Recommended: dance party.

3. Go on shopping spree:

If your wallet allows, Galentine’s Day is the perfect time to not only treat yourself, but spend time with the girls while doing it! Make a mall date with your best friends, and go wild. Not only does shopping provide great quality time, but you will have your treated besties there to offer opinions and have a laugh. Plus, there’s no better pick-me-up (even if you aren’t feeling down) than retail therapy!

4. Take a fun class together:

Whether it be Zumba, painting, dance, yoga or just your basic crafting, gathering the girls to try something new is a fun and creative way to spend Galentine’s Day. Find a class you are all interested in and make a night of it by having dinner together either before or after. Not only are you spending time together — but you could possibly discover a new hobby!

5. Take a girls’ trip:

Now, if you really want to go all out, you could make Galentine’s Day an excuse for a full-blown girls’ trip! You could go as far as booking a trip to an island, or even another country, or going to a big city like New York or Washington D.C. Or, if you’re trying to save money but still want to feel like you got away, book a staycation in the nearest hotel! No matter what you pick, a girls’ trip will be the ultimate celebration.

Gif Source: Giphy

Olivia Grasing is a journalism student who aspires to work in the fashion/lifestyle industry.
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.