5 Ways to Kick the Mid-Semester Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

With spring break behind us and summer seemingly forever away, the days feel endless leading up to the end of the semester. Before you let the mid-semester slump completely take over your healthy habits, try these 5 tips for keeping your focus.

1.     Exercise!

Now that the weather is warmer, get outside and exercise.  It will give you lots of energy to keep you productive throughout the day.

2.     Get the right amount of sleep

It’s so easy to get swept up into a Netflix binge when you’re stressed out, but getting the right amount of sleep is important for your GPA. By getting at least 7 hours of sleep per night, you’ll be less inclined to depend on a morning coffee or a mid-afternoon nap.

3.     Make lists

There’s no better feeling than crossing something off a long list.  You can reward yourself once you cross something off.  Lists will help you keep all of those term papers and exams in order.

4.     Eat right

You’re over two months into the semester, which means you’re two months over Eick food and lines at the Stud. It’s so much easier to just grab that slice of pizza than waiting for salad or the Wok, but two hours later that grease will have you begging for a nap instead of helping you focus. Eat right to keep that drive!

5.     Give yourself breaks

If you let the stress of all your work consume you, it will catch up to you eventually. To avoid that crash, break up your study schedule over the course of a few days. Give yourself breaks to relax so that your mind can soak up all of the information without getting overwhelmed. Go bowling with friends or have a movie night to keep yourself happy and healthy so you and your grades stay upbeat!