5 Crafts for Any Rainy Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

April showers may have you spending a few more days indoors than you originally anticipated.  Why not spend it making these fun crafts!

Make a memo board for your room out of an old cookie sheet!

Supplies: cookie sheet, spray paint, magnets and command strips to hang it with

You can also glue little magnets on the back of your makeup products and turn it into a makeup organizer like this!

What collegiette doesn’t love glitter? Here are some cute ideas to incorporate glitter into some everyday items!

Make every step you take a little brighter with these sparkly heels! It’s such a subtle way to add a little personalization to your favorite pumps!

All you need is mod podge gloss or Elmer’s clear glue, glitter, a foam brush, painter’s tape, clear shellac (or any type of sealant) and a pair of heels!

Use extra glitter to add some glam to an old phone case you have lying around!  This process is similar to the previous one, with the only steps being mixing mod podge and glitter together, applying the mixture to the phone case and then spraying the case with a sealant to secure!

TIP: If you don’t have or cannot find any sealant spray, clear nail polish also works well! Just put a topcoat on the phone case to seal the glitter in place!

To get your dorm ready for spring, here’s a cute way to make a daisy garland to hang all around your room!

Materials: White card stock (computer paper also works), scissors, watercolor paint, paintbrush, liquid glue, any type of string and a daisy hole punch  (This can be purchased at any craft store, or you can cut out your own flower shapes!)

Happy crafting!

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.