Join the 2017-2018 Her Campus Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

With school starting again, we know that hundreds of organizations are vying for your attention. Her Campus at Texas A&M University is here to offer some insight into why you should consider applying to join our wonderful staff! Information regarding our informational and application is located on the end of this article.

Experience

Experience opens the door for opportunity to walk into your life. Giving yourself the opportunity to grow as a writer, reporter, blogger, photography, or videographer is what builds talent and expertise.

Legitimacy

Every member of our talented staff works hard to write and produce content for something bigger than a bedroom diary. They have this opportunity because of Her Campus. This organization provides a legitimate, recognized outlet for your talent to be exposed to the world! (Believe me, the world is ready for you. Just say “yes.”)

Friendship

HC TAMU is not pure business. We know how to have fun also. Beyond the writing and deadlines, we also schedule social events for our staff to get to know each other better and have fun. Great friendships have formed throughout our staff.

Her Campus at Texas A&M University will be having an informational regarding the application process and membership on September 13th from 7-8 p.m. It will be located at the Memorial Student Center, Room 2405. Applications will be due Wednesday, September 20th, which consist of one writing sample and a few simple questions.

If you have any questions or miss the informational and would like the application link sent to you regardless, please e-mail tamu@hercampus.com.

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.