If ‘Mean Girls’ was at the 45th Presidential Inauguration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Jan. 20, 2017 will forever be known as the day the orange man entered the White House. The new year started off by having one of the most polarizing election decisions come to fruition. As Donald J. Trump takes office to become the 45th president of the United States, some cheer, while some weep and even fear for their future in America. 

Whether his election calls for coping or celebration, ‘Mean Girls’ has a few choice words about President Trump’s inauguration. 

When violent protests erupted before the event could begin

When President Trump focused his speech on inclusivity and coming together as American people

When Donald and Melania Trump take their first dance as President and first lady

When the Obamas wave goodbye as they take off in an official government helicopter

When any mentions of combating climate change disappear just moments after the inauguration

Manu is a sophomore at Texas A&M University (Howdy!) pursuing a degree in business. She is also considering a minor in Netflix and possibly a couple of certificates in 'can't get out of bed', but who knows? Other than writing, she enjoys dancing and graphic design.