I Believe In The Power Of A Shower

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

With the end of the semester approaching, nights get longer and unfortunately, showers get shorter. Whether you’re on-the-go in the morning or need a pick-me-up during your study breaks, here are some ways to make the most out of your short and sweet showers.

Clear your sinuses with a DIY Vicks shower tablet.

This DIY recipe for menthol shower tablets is the perfect way to relieve stuffy congestion or allergies! It’s like a bath bomb in your shower! It releases relieving aromas as you shower. All you have to do is place it in the tub and let the hot water do the rest of the work. Add in essential oils such as lavender or eucalyptus for an extra-soothing steam.

Set a 5 minute playlist.

To ensure that you don’t get stuck standing under steaming water for 30 minutes, set a queue of two to three songs to auto-play while you’re showering. You can get in as soon as it starts and get out as soon as it ends.

Throw a towel or robe in the dryer before you get into the shower.

This one tip could change your life. Everyone has laid in a pile of laundry straight out of the dryer at one point in their life, basking in the heat like a camel in the Sahara desert. Am I right? If you have to make a nude dash across your house to get to it, do it. Either way, ending up in a hot towel seconds after a perfect shower could very well be the best part of your day.

Set the mood.

Light some candles to set the ambiance. Even if it’s for 10 minutes, candles can really help you destress and unwind during shower time.