How To Be Single At A Wedding

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

So you are scrolling down your Facebook feed, and come across multiple in a relationship, engaged or married status. You think to yourself, I’m too young for this to be happening to actual people I went to high school with. I can’t even afford college, let alone a wedding gift!

I’m sure by now you thought you’d be married and have a kid on the way— HA! 16-year-old me did not know how single I’d be in the future. 

Here are 10 tips on how to be single at a wedding.

1. Get a smoking hot outfit. You want to look your best at weddings because there are going to be tons of picture you’ll be tagged on social media. 
  2. Make sure it is an open bar wedding.Who wants to pay for alcohol at a wedding? No one! Like I already have to buy y’all a gift, the least you can do is pay for the alcohol. 
  3. Drink.Duh.
  4. Dance.Wobble, electric slide, and cupid shuffle your way on the dance floor. The best part of weddings is the dancing. 
  5. Brace yourself for the question: “So when is it going to be your turn?” No, I don’t have a boyfriend. Yes, I’m going to be single forever. Plan your answers beforehand so you can get out fast. 
  6. DrinkUh duh!
  7. Catch the bouquet.So, maybe you don’t want to be single for the rest of your life. Catch the bouquet like your life depends on it.
  8. Mingle with the cute groomsmen. All your friends are taken, and you have all these choices! Go for it girl!
  9. Ask the bride for the cute groomsman’s number.You hit off with one of the dudes you met at the wedding. I’m sure it will work out like you see in the movies. 
  10. Be C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-T.

Best advice yet. Be who you are, dance like no one’s watching but most of all have fun being single!

Sydney Elise is a senior at Texas A&M (A-WHOOP) majoring in telecommunication media studies. She loves traveling, reading books, and watching movies especially Anchorman. She aspires to one day be in the news broadcasting industry, and see the world. Stay classy College Station. T's&G's