A Chilifest Hangover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Hey, it’s me, your favorite professional Chilifester! I am now one Chilifest wiser, 25 beers fatter, and have suffered multiple injuries (I think one may need stitches), but I’m still alive. Barely. If you missed out on the beer-raining, mud-slinging, drunk-stumbling mess that is College Station’s finest tradition, let me give you a quick recap.

You missed a couple of fights…

Some people getting arrested,

good ol’ country music,

and lots of ratchets making out.

However, one thing you may not know is that Chilifest profits millions of dollars each year that is all donated to multiple charities. The 26th annual “Redneck Coachella” was most definitely a success in every sense of the word. Unfortunately, we must now revert to our studious ways and get all of the stuff done that we’ve put off for the weekend so we could drink copious amounts of beer. But first, we should probably take some Advil and drink lots of water—and maybe take a nap.

See you next year, Chilifest!

Texas A&M University Senior Communication Major, as well as an obsessive rescue dog mom. Just trying to survive the massive trial-and-error that is college.   "Change is the only constant." -unknown