10 Iconic Jersey Shore Moments to Remember as You Get Ready for “Jersey Shore: Family Reunion”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

As you know, Jersey Shore was a life-changer. A true iconic stable of growing up in the 2000’s. We did not deserve such a wonderful, trashy, drama filled work of art where I learned more about the human body and sex than I did from any other source (Thanks education system). Although, we were not worthy, something marvelous happened. The tanned, damned, and the snooki pouf has returned for Jersey Shore: Family Reunion. I am fulfilled. My childhood self is Jersey Turn-piking. All. Over. This. Place. So, in honor of the new (LONG AWAITED) season, I have made a list of the 10 most iconic jersey shore moments. *Grenade Whistle blows*

1.    RAHN, STAHP

The epic fight of the century that causes Sam to revenge dance with a guy at Karma, and Ron destroys all of her stuff, iconically breaking Sam’s glasses. Also, Sam becomes a spider monkey.

2.    The Situation vs. The Wall

After getting involved in Ron and Sam’s terribly toxic, yet entertaining AF relationship, the Situation knocks himself out (probably to avoid fighting Ronnie) in an attempt to prove he is innocent… makes sense? Nothing does with the Sitch.

3.    WHERE’S THE BEACH?

After getting drunk on the boardwalk and screaming “WHERES THE BEACH?” Snooki gets arrested for the first time. Iconic. A queen. She’s a good person. And a mom now. We love.

4.    YOU THINK YOU’RE BIG AND BAD? STEP UP. STEP UP.

After becoming enemies in season two, Jwoww and Sammi find themselves getting physical many times. Their fights often leading to hair extentions being pulled, tans being smeared, and nails being broken. Every fight was iconic because we saw just how the women in the Jersey Shore didn’t put up with SH*T. Ultimately, the girls put aside their differences (conflict resolution is something we love) and are still friends to this day.

5.     WHEN MIKE MAKES UP A LIE ABOUT SLEEPING WITH SNOOKI

This is still a bit debatable. While in Italy, Mike spreads a rumor that he slept with Snooki, meaning Snooki cheated on her boyfriend (and now husband Jionni). Snooki loses her mind, throws a wine bottle, and cuts off Mike. She tells Jionni that the rumor is a lie… and then sleeps with Vinny… but let’s be real. Snooki+Vinny= 4LIFE

6.    Paula

When mike decides to date Paula (a girl who had kind of been around since season one) and after asking her to be his girlfriend,  she starts talking about babies and marriage and he breaks up with her at the tanning salon that same week. She was a sweet girl.

7.    THE ROB KARDASHIAN OF STATEN ISLAND

This horrible moment when Angelina sleeps Vinny after her boyfriend Jose buys her a Fossil watch. Also, days before, Vinny had iconically called her the Rob Kardashian of Staten Island. A HOT MESS.

8.    THE PUNCH

When Snooki gets punched in the face. Definably horrible, but the only thing good that happened out if this is that every one in the house came together as a family, after weeks of tension. They become closer than ever, and learn that above all, they have to look out for each other. Also the guy went to jail. That’s a plus.

9.     LET’S WRITE AN ANONYMOUS LETTER

When Jwoww and Snooki decide to write Sammi a letter in order to tell her that Ron is a cheater, and the fact that they make it sounds more official and smart by using big words, so that they aren’t suspected… iconic… A bad plan, but iconic.

10.   EVERYTIME SNOOKI AND VINNY INTERACTED

I’M JUST GONNA SAY IT. They should’ve ended up together. They were in love… but it was never the right time. But we were graced with a screen presence that made us all happy and our hormones rage. Especially when Vinny comforted her after Jionni left her in Italy. Snooki and Vinny will always have a place in our hearts.

I KNOW I MISSED MORE, but I was honestly sleep deprived from binging this show all weekend and am trying to get rid of the jersey accent I acquired… Jersey Shore returns this Thursday on MTV. Start your group messages up, and designate your guido/guidette. I’m JWOWW…. minus the tits. Okay, bye.

Terri Castro is a Junior English major at Texas A&M University. She aspires to write comedy and entertainment media as a future career. Her favorite shows include Broad City, Insecure, and The Mindy Project (GO WOMEN!) She hopes one day to write for shows such as these, and inspire women to have a laugh while feeling empowered.
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.