10 Feel-Good Songs You Forgot About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

This week was the toughest week I have had in awhile. Listening to good music always takes me away from the stress of college. My music listening strategies suck, however, and I listen to the same songs over and over until my ears bleed and then I move onto another song and repeat the process.

This week, something came over me and I decided to create a playlist full of old songs that I haven’t listened to since my parents were my taxi service and I only listened to their music because they made me. Listening to these on my own, however, gave me a new appreciation for them, and let me tell ya, music is like Adderall to me. Put on some good music, and I get sh*t DONE. Cleaning, studying, working out (lol jk). I was so productive this week I am surprised my hands didn’t fall off.

So now, I present to you, a snippet of my playlist full of feel good music from the good old days:

“Feel Good Inc.” by Gorillaz Obviously…

“Can’t Stop” by Red Hot Chili Peppers Can’t stop (cleaning), addicted to the (smell of Lysol).

“What I Got” by Sublime Life is too short, so love the one you got, cause you might get run over by a bicyclist on campus.

“Say It Ain’t So” – Weezer Say it ain’t so, I have an 8-page paper due at midnight.

“Take Me Out” by Franz Ferdinand Take me out (on a date please it’s been 5 years since I’ve been on one).

“Seven Nation Army” by The White Stripes What it’s gonna take to get that paper done by midnight.

“How Far We’ve Come” by Matchbox Twenty I dare you to not sing along.

“Absolutely (Story of a Girl)” by Nine Days This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned in her homework.

“Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana I really am itching to play Guitar Hero.

“Song 2” by Blur Woo-hoo, you’re gonna ace your test.

I know it takes more than someone telling you to do something for you to actually do it, but you will thank me later if you listen to these songs. If they don’t make you feel nostalgic and warm inside because you don’t know them, then you’re a disgrace to humanity or led a childhood deprived of good music. Now, go get sh*t done.

Texas A&M University Senior Communication Major, as well as an obsessive rescue dog mom. Just trying to survive the massive trial-and-error that is college.   "Change is the only constant." -unknown
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.