This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Even though there’s still two feet of snow outside, spring is finally here! So I am getting into the spring mindset and not letting the cold get me down. Spring cleaning doesn’t literally have to mean cleaning, it can be reorganizing, setting goals, and letting go of things you don’t need anymore. So here’s the spring cleaning list that I have created for myself to get me through the rest of the semester. 

Clean out my closet

Yes it’s still cold out, but I’m ready to start wearing some of my lighter, colorful spring clothes. So it’s time to put away the dark sweaters and pull out the floral blouses. Here’s a couple of outfits that I can’t wait to recreate this spring. 

Start using my planner regularly

I love using my planner. I have washi tape, markers, stickers the whole nine yards. It makes it easy for me to see everything that I have to do and when to get it done by. But, by the middle of the semester, I start to get lazy with writing things down and staying organized. With just seven weeks left I’m getting back to writing down my assignments and staying organized!

Start a new workout

Going to the gym gives me a sense of accomplishment once I’ve finished a really tough workout. I love to push myself and see how in control I can be of the way that my body is. It’s empowering. Lately, I’ve plateaued. I’ve been doing the same workouts which means nothing is changing. Spring break was a nice break from the gym but now I’m ready to start a new two month workout plan called Grace Fit Guide that’s pushing me to get stronger! 

We hope this piece makes you re-think the typical boring ‘spring cleaning’ routine. New season = new you! 

Lauren Dana

Syracuse '18

Lauren Dana is a juinor Magazine Journalism major at Syracuse University and the Editor-in-Chief of HC 'Cuse! She is a TV-addict, pop culture fanatic and manicure enthusiast who enjoys spending time with family, friends, shopping, writing, and buying wayyyy too much makeup