This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Hello Taylor,

It’s me again. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’ve left word on at least a dozen Insta posts of your’s as of late, pleading for new music. But in case you haven’t caught my ever-so-subtle, all-caps social media comments, I decided to write this as a final stand. I know what you’re thinking, the word “stand” seems aggressive. But make no mistake, Taylor, I would never make a stand against you and your unabeshedly charming, feline-filled life. Rather, I’m making a stand against a world without new Taylor Swift music in it.

As I’m sure you are well aware, most of your new tunes come out every two years. This is a schedule I’ve begrudgingly become accustomed to (two years seems far too long a wait for a new set of songs to bring me back to life during my long runs or walks to class). And yet here we are, two plus years past 1989’s release (great work, by the way) and what don’t I hear? That’s right, your perfectly-penned lyrics on the radio to freakishly dance (alone) to until my ears bleed from the high volume at which I insist on playing your sick jams.

Now, before you get defensive, please know that I mean you no insult in writing this article. You, Ms. Swift, are an incredibly sonically cohesive and charming songbird-goddess who can do no wrong in my eyes. This letter is meant to represent my aggressive need for new music from you, but I feel the need to clarify that none of that aggression is directed at you (you’re perfect). That being said, I totally understand the need for a break. You’ve been busy for several years now (I suppose that’s what happens when you write lyrics that grip the souls of men and women everywhere) and I imagine all of those world tours and star-studded studio sessions have taken their toll. So please, don’t take this letter as my attempt to cut any rest you are getting short, instead think of it as a gentle nudge by one of many Swift enthusiasts to get back to making our hearts soar with your tangibly terrific tunes yet again. 

Now in case this plead for help wasn’t persuasive enough, I’ve assembled a small army of cute kitten gifs to convince you further.

All in all Taylor, my life is empty without you. My mania in this Swift-free phase in life can best be described via, you guessed it, another gif.

#mood

I miss you Taylor, WE miss you, please come back to us. 

Your devoted and mildly psychotic fan,

Mackenzie

I am a Junior studying Fashion Design at Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. I was born and raised in California and grew up riding horses. I have an intense passion for Free People clothing and all things cat-related. My goal is to someday work as a fashion magazine editor. I also believe that chocolate is always the answer and T. Swift is queen. WARNING: All articles written by me will contain sarcasm. Thanks for reading!