Student Spotlight: Lexi Madison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

She’s been referred to as a sassy beast with just the right combination of wit, class and
intelligence. Why you may ask? Those on campus know her to be the kind of person always
up for a new challenge; constantly ready and willing to join a new organization on campus or
dedicate her time to the activities she holds dear to her heart. As an Orientation Leader, member
of NRHH (National Residence Hall Honorary), Phi Sigma Pi (National Honor Fraternity), SU
Habitat for Humanity, and former Vice President of Community Council for Day Hall it’s hard
to believe she has much time to sleep. You can find her strolling across campus in a cardigan,
high-waisted skirt and gladiator sandals holding her favorite Starbucks beverage, a Venti Café
Vanilla Frappuccino.

Campus Celebrity: Alexis Madison

Year: Sophomore

Major: International Relations and Political Science

Minor: Psychology

Hometown: Medford, NJ

Which of your activities is most rewarding and why?
I find them all rewarding, I don’t think that any are more rewarding than others. I love them all
equally.

Favorite place on campus:
People’s Place, because it’s my little break from the chaos of my day to regain my thoughts and
gain some sanity before I lose it all again.

Favorite place to study:
On my bed, because it’s comfy and all of my stuff can surround me. Plus I can dress like a
schmoe and no one can judge me.

Favorite thing about ‘Cuse:
All my friends are so close and all in one place. And even though we’re all doing different
things, if I needed someone I can always find them.

Least favorite thing about ‘Cuse:
The fact that construction lasts longer than the average human pregnancy.

Dream job: An ambassador for a Middle Eastern country.

Role Models: My parents.

Elora likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...but only warm rain, and especially rain that's packaged in summer thunderstorms! The sophomore magazine journalism and English major is an assistant feature copy editor for SU's independent student newspaper, the Daily Orange, and is a contributing writer for GALA Magazine. She is also a brother in the community service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega. Elora has country music on her iTunes for every possible mood and she will never turn down a Dave Matthews Band concert, a trip to Panera Bread or a pickup soccer game. Although she's not sure exactly what she wants to do after graduation, she hopes to use writing to make a difference in someone's world.